Chris Maquire

davenportram

Commons anyone?

He seems a similar sort of player to be honest, plays in and behind the striker and hits a few shots from outside the box. I can only go on what I've seen in the few games, clips..etc i've seen but he seems like a player that will have a go which is always good to have, still young and from what I can gather he isn't having the best of times at Aberdeen, due to the fans disliking his attitude.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are we actually going to sign a striker who can score 15 plus goals in the Championship or is it the plan to sign 5 who might get 5 each?

As Jamie Ward got 5 goals in 13 games, I would suggest he is more than capable of 15 goals in 46 games.

And if we have 15 other players contributing between 1 and 5 goals each like last season, then I'm optimistic. All we need to know is who is going to be bossing our midfield in 2011/12 and if that's a decent signing, we'll be turning optimistic into realistic.

Are we actually going to sign a striker who can score 15 plus goals in the Championship or is it the plan to sign 5 who might get 5 each?

Don't see the difference to be honest. So you want one guy who gets all the goals until he inevitably gets injured and we are screwed.

no further questions m'lud

From what I've heard from the Aberdeen fans and reports, he likes to play in the hole behind the striker and has a tendency to shoot on sight, also takes their set pieces (I believe) I haven't seen him personally no, so can only go on what has said about him, I doubt anyone on here has seen him enough to make a proper unbiased report.

We signed Doyle and Robinson based on their potential and being young. I cannot fathom why we would want Maguire as he fits into this mould. He doesn't seem prolific even in a poor league. It seems a scattergun approach and a waste of 400k. I would prefer us to sign someone with a proven goal scoring record in this league.

Pros

£400k...Cheap for a 'Promising Striker.

Can produce magic on occasions.

Good reviews by trusted staff (Brown etc.)

Cons

TINY!!....Could be marked out of game easily and out-muscled.

Attitude Problems as stated by Don's fans.

Has large spells of 'Going Missing'

Despite talent, His decision making is POOR at times.

Not very prolific (Even in a weak league).

Thinks he is better than what he actually is.

Hope (If we do get him) he proves me wrong, But I would like us to steer clear of this fella. At the end of the day, He will be the person we are looking for to link with our main striker (perhaps) and produce moments of 'magic' to open up their defense. The fact that it is stated that he never knows when to pass the ball, holds on to it for too long and shoots from stupid places as opposed to laying off a team-mate. All of this, coupled with his attitude, means he could be more of a frustration and hinderance to the team rather than the vital link we need.

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXT!!!!!!

Does it not bother anyone else that we never win headers accept along our backline?

I find it really frustrating having such a small, weak team. Not that i'm slating players that are coming. Just that i'd like some height.

Jamie Ward is one of our best players in the air (apart from defenders) for Gods sake! That's only because he is brave enough to get up there.

I actually have to look away when i watch Green, Bailey and Savage go into an aerial challenge. I just hate how weak our team is. Can't they all use a toned down version of Addisons gym routine??

Pros

£400k...Cheap for a 'Promising Striker.

Can produce magic on occasions.

Good reviews by trusted staff (Brown etc.)

Cons

TINY!!....Could be marked out of game easily and out-muscled.

Attitude Problems as stated by Don's fans.

Has large spells of 'Going Missing'

Despite talent, His decision making is POOR at times.

Not very prolific (Even in a weak league).

Thinks he is better than what he actually is.

Hope (If we do get him) he proves me wrong, But I would like us to steer clear of this fella. At the end of the day, He will be the person we are looking for to link with our main striker (perhaps) and produce moments of 'magic' to open up their defense. The fact that it is stated that he never knows when to pass the ball, holds on to it for too long and shoots from stupid places as opposed to laying off a team-mate. All of this, coupled with his attitude, means he could be more of a frustration and hinderance to the team rather than the vital link we need.

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXT!!!!!!

People have mention Kris Commons in likening the lad.

Can I point out we wanted Kris Commons to stop we all knew his positives which was about the same as this lad.

Kris Commons negatives.

Alway liable to drift out of a game.

Could not tackle or defend

Sometimes held the ball too long

Attitude problem sulked a lot

injury prone

tiny

until this season not to prolific.

A lot of similarities to Maguire. Unfair to judge a young lad before he comes.

Does it not bother anyone else that we never win headers accept along our backline?

I find it really frustrating having such a small, weak team. Not that i'm slating players that are coming. Just that i'd like some height.

Jamie Ward is one of our best players in the air (apart from defenders) for Gods sake! That's only because he is brave enough to get up there.

I actually have to look away when i watch Green, Bailey and Savage go into an aerial challenge. I just hate how weak our team is. Can't they all use a toned down version of Addisons gym routine??

Could be that they haven't got a very big jump on them too.

I love to head the ball but I can't get very far off the ground compared to some guys shorter than me. Very few of our players seem to be able to either. (Ward being the exception)

People have mention Kris Commons in likening the lad.

Can I point out we wanted Kris Commons to stop we all knew his positives which was about the same as this lad.

Kris Commons negatives.

Alway liable to drift out of a game.

Could not tackle or defend

Sometimes held the ball too long

Attitude problem sulked a lot

injury prone

tiny

until this season not to prolific.

A lot of similarities to Maguire. Unfair to judge a young lad before he comes.

Maguire arrives with more promise than Commons did though, in many ways. 2 years younger than when Commons joined and already involved in the international scene.

Archived