Conor Sammon - Kilmarnock

Chris Peduck

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

STV understands Derby County have made a verbal offer to Kilmarnock for striker Conor Sammon. The Irishman, who recently turned down a move to Ssausagehorpe United, is believed to be subject of a bid in the region of £450,000.

Derby, who are on the verge of selling winger Kris Commons to Celtic, are yet to submit a formal offer for Sammon, who has scored 17 goals this season for Mixu Paatelainen's side.

But Kilmarnock are expecting the Championship club to firm up their interest, with manager Paatelainen telling STV on Thursday he has already planned on replacing Sammon if he were to leave the club.

Sammon, 24, rejected the chance to join Ssausagehorpe United - who also ply their trade in the Championship - on January 18, despite being in line to at least double his salary with a move to England.

It was understood the former Derry City player was concerned with the current league position of the Iron, who currently occupy a relegation spot in the second tier of English football with 24 points from 25 games.

Having turned down the move, Sammon returned to Rugby Park and came on as a substitute in a match against Hearts just hours after driving back from Ssausagehorpe. He then scored Killie's goal in a 1-1 draw against Dundee United at the weekend.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/kilmarnock/223908-derby-line-up-bid-for-kilmarnock-striker-sammon/

What's happened is Nigel has read that on The Rams this morning (remember Nigel and Glick haven't spoken in months according to Boy from Brazil) that he has the money from the Commons deal available to make signings straight away.

Pride Park was empty today and nobody was there to pass the note from Nigel to Glick that he wants to sign Sammon, so Nigel rang up Kilmarnock and said look we'll have him, soon as the cleaners arrive at Pride Park I'l get them to tell Glick to fax you a written offer.

Hope that clears that up.

What's happened is Nigel has read that on The Rams this morning (remember Nigel and Glick haven't spoken in months according to Boy from Brazil) that he has the money from the Commons deal available to make signings straight away.

Pride Park was empty today and nobody was there to pass the note from Nigel to Glick that he wants to sign Sammon, so Nigel rang up Kilmarnock and said look we'll have him, soon as the cleaners arrive at Pride Park I'l get them to tell Glick to fax you a written offer.

Hope that clears that up.

I take everyone at PP was away trying to push through this Irish consortium bid before the end of the month. It makes sense.

I take everyone at PP was away trying to push through this Irish consortium bid before the end of the month. It makes sense.

Well yes, they have 4 days to try and find this Irish consortium, agree a deal and get the lawyers to do all the paperwork, I'd imagine it's a busy time at Pride Park right now.

Here's a thought I just had while buying my fish and chips.

Everyone is swooning over Austins heroic 16 goals so far this season, yet this guy has scored a similar amount (17) in a similar standard of football ( or so some say) this kid might just be great value for money

kev you heard owt about this possible deal.

Archived