Conor Sammon - Kilmarnock

Chris Peduck

From today's Glasgow Evening Times

Interesting, but please spare me several pages of fish puns:

Derby County are ready to launch a £400,000 bid for Kilmarnock striker Conor Sammon, with a host of Championship clubs waiting in the wings to lure the Irishman south.

Sammon looked set to quit Rugby Park last week when Killie accepted a bid from Ssausagehorpe.

However, the Irish striker turned down the chance to move to Glanford Park.

Derby boss Nigel Clough had Sammon watched as he netted his 17th goal of a prolific campaign against Dundee United on Saturday, and could now make a bid for Killie’s top scorer.

However, he could face competition from Championship rivals Sheffield United, Nottingham Forest, Watford and Burnley.

Meanwhile, Kilmarnock have signed Swindon Town left back Callum Kennedy on loan for the remainder of the campaign as a replacement for Ben Gordon.

The young left-back has returned south after his loan from Chelsea was not extended.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

400k for commons- that takes the p!ss!. I would rather make him rot in the reserves til the summer if he ain't going to sign a new contract. Scottish football would suit him though as it is of a poor standard and he could get away with returning to his default setting of "lazy bast*rd" whilst earning big money.

400k for commons- that takes the p!ss!. I would rather make him rot in the reserves til the summer if he ain't going to sign a new contract. Scottish football would suit him though as it is of a poor standard and he could get away with returning to his default setting of "lazy bast*rd" whilst earning big money.
So rot in the reserves till next summer, we still keep paying him, and then he walks free.

Or get 400k and he is off the books Hmmmmm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conor_Sammon

Hummmmmm, this is his only season where he scored goals, the last 5 seasons has been hit and miss.

still 24 though. Before this season very few up here rated him, but seems to be doing alright this season and is sort of striker we need. for 400k I'd snap him up, would still be looking for more for Commons

no, rot until this summer when his contract is up. I would rather him sign a new deal and stay but it is really peeing me off that he said that he wants to stay well before christmas and here we are at the end of Jan and still no signature. Just proves to me that all he cares about is money and it would be nice to scupper a lucrative deal for him.

700k is the least I'd be happy with- he's been rubbish for the last month or so anyway and isn't helping his chances of a better contract offer at Derby with the performances he is putting in. He obviously would rather wipe his ar*e on the derby shirt than sign a contract that is less than he may be offered elsewhere. Just be nice to see him even fatter, not match fit and out of contract at the end the season and see how much he gets offered then.

no, rot until this summer when his contract is up. I would rather him sign a new deal and stay but it is really peeing me off that he said that he wants to stay well before christmas and here we are at the end of Jan and still no signature. Just proves to me that all he cares about is money and it would be nice to scupper a lucrative deal for him.

700k is the least I'd be happy with- he's been rubbish for the last month or so anyway and isn't helping his chances of a better contract offer at Derby with the performances he is putting in. He obviously would rather wipe his ar*e on the derby shirt than sign a contract that is less than he may be offered elsewhere. Just be nice to see him even fatter, not match fit and out of contract at the end the season and see how much he gets offered then.

I'd rather get 400k now than pay him 10k a week to do nothing. Would be looking for more like 700k though

400K would be a suitable price for Commons.

Why should he sign a new contract. He owes us nothing.

400k for commons- that takes the p!ss!. I would rather make him rot in the reserves til the summer if he ain't going to sign a new contract. S[sIZE=3]cottish football would suit him though as it is of a poor standard a[/sIZE]nd he could get away with returning to his default setting of "lazy bast*rd" whilst earning big money.

the same poor standard that a certain charlie adam couldnt cut it in and now 3 premiership teams are falling over themselfs to buy

the same poor standard that a certain charlie adam couldnt cut it in and now 3 premiership teams are falling over themselfs to buy

one example does not make the SPL a good league. Look at how Middlesbrough are doing, the majority of their team is made up of players that were stars in the SPL

Archived