Come fly with me

Dangerous

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bit like the one ronnie

Bit harsh, it's a different dynamic, give it time.

Plus the Two Ronnies comedy doesn't always transfer to nowadays as it's a bit too tame and lighthearted sometimes. Very good stuff, I really liked them, but we're used to harsher stuff now.

Even the Two Ronnies on top form would have found it a bit difficult in this era.

Well their must be something wrong with me, 2/2 comedy threads that Dangerous has started that I've disagreed with.

It's not consistently funny, but it gets a couple of laughs an episode from me - which is very high for modern stuff.

Comedy is generally absolutely awful these days. Lead Balloon and Outnumbered are the only two programmes around that are properly funny.

Well their must be something wrong with me, 2/2 comedy threads that Dangerous has started that I've disagreed with.

It's not consistently funny, but it gets a couple of laughs an episode from me - which is very high for modern stuff.

Comedy is generally absolutely awful these days. Lead Balloon and Outnumbered are the only two programmes around that are properly funny.

only ever seen bits of each of those but there not exactly my type of comedy

Dangerous, you know what I agree with you 100%, watched the first episode and it was complete and utter tripe.

Little Britain lost it after the first series for me aswell.

agreed

Outnumbered is quality, the kids put every soap actor/actress to shame.

A lot of it was actually improvised and unscripted stuff.

Lead Balloon.

Yes! I love this. Very edgy and awkward stuff, very good modern comedy. At times it's more awkward than the Office and Extras.

As for Come Fly With Me, it's good but the novelty of all the characters wears off and it just relies on catchphrases and repetitive situations like with the couple who always complain and the coffee attendant "we're closing early".

Though I do like the Scottish guy who wants to work his way up to being a pilot.

• 4 weeks later...

Filmed it at Donny airport, didn't they?

I only watched a couple of episodes. The odd bit was smile-worthy, but the rest didn't quite do it for me.

Archived