Where you at NY Eve?

MrsRam

I know we've got a new year resolution thread n stuff - but just like to know where you will all be on New Years Eve.

Personally, I can't stand it. I hate being told that I'm going to have a good time and to do that, I have to stand in a crowded pub/house, and wait patiently till 12 o'clock - like that's not WAY after my usual bed time, then hug and kiss folk I'd normally cross the road to avoid and wish them a happy new year.......then stagger home, (no taxi's) with an empty purse and wake up next morning - wishing I'd stayed in.

So, this year, we are going out for a meal about 7ish, home for about 9, put our pyjamas on, sit with a rum and coke - and see the new year in, in my own home, with my family. Can't wait.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sit at home with the missus, have a few beers and she might have a couple of gins before she falls asleep around 11pm, I'l wake her at 11.59pm for a kiss but she'll grunt something about having an headache and push me away.

New Year is pretty much a dead event these days, around here. I think the y2k expectations (bars thinking they'd be able to charge £50 a head in, just to find that people stayed at home instead) killed it off.

FWIW, Gainsborough is pretty dead anyway, so I'll stay in.

Got friends coming round.

We'll get the pool table out and prolly the wii.

Plenty of beer and home made wine.:D

Can't be done with all that waiting for 20 minutes for a beer malarkey.

Sounds pretty good! When you gonna invite me then? :D

Got a ticket for a night club in Lincoln. A good crowd of us are going so it should be a fun night. Tickets were only £7 so I expect drinks to be very expensive. So I'm probably just drink a lot of Whisky before I go out so I'm tipsy enough by 12am without hurting my wallet.

A lot of people stay at home nowadays and watch the crap TV stuff. Where's the atmosphere in that though?

I agree with people's reluctance to be told to have fun but staying at home just seems even more boring when you know everyone else is out getting smashed.

Yes Joe - I'm thinking your a young'un.

The village I was brought up in, we had quite a few pubs round and about - we usually started in a specific one - at 6 o'clock, then did the rounds for the rest of the night - singing, drinking, taking over the pubs, walking round the whole village - in fancy dress ending at our local, where we still had to queue for our drinks. Did it for years, they probably still do it now - only I'm too old for all that - my kids aren't old enough to go out on their own - so a nice meal and a drink at home does me......ZZZZZzzzzzzzz

I went to Gatecrasher for the millenium, spent well over £250 that night with the ticket, trains, drinks and other crap. Felt sick the next day, not hungover but for wasting so much money on one poxy night that would of cost me probably £50 on another night.

Said to meself that I would never do that again, and I haven't. It's always been house party's or staying in with the missus since then, I prefer the latter as house party's always end up with one couple arguing, a fat cow throwing up on the tv or some random friend of a friend that's looking to start a fight for no apparent reason.

NYE is possibly the most over rated night of the year...maybe it's just an age thing of being there and done that.

Archived