PS3 or Xbox 360?

Hartley Hare

You try doing that with an M16 then :p On half a screen too.

Plus do it while serenading some French lads who asked you to sing Swing music to them. I gave them a heart rending rendition of 'Fly Me To The Moon', I demand you do the same :D

Sounds like a whole lot of excuses there, I'm always singing the Spice Girls classics, and theres nowt wrong with the M16 either.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like a whole lot of excuses there, I'm always singing the Spice Girls classics, and theres nowt wrong with the M16 either.

Pfft, wait till i've got my own console to play it on, then you'll see :D

And there flaming well is, horrible gun. Burst fire that doesn't kill in one round = ineffective against an opponent with good aim :rolleyes:

Anyway, i'm hijacking Hartleys thread, we can continue this conversation in the CoD thread :cool:

I think the newer Xbox 360's have wifi too? And access to online content like iPlayer, etc?

I was thinking that the blu-ray would swing it towards PS3 for me, but he might never use it since we don't have any other blu-ray players in the house at the mo' (so we wouldn't be looking to buy any blu-ray discs for some time).

Given that he'll likely only be using it for gaming, is the PS3 that much better than the Xbox to make it worth the extra wonga? Or is anyone going to speak up for the Xbox?

I've had both and I would never consider a PS3 again. The pad is flimsy, the graphics are unremarkable compared to the hype, the online 'experience' isn't an experience at all. The XBox has better exclusives released for it, the pad is much better to use and much better for your hands, the RROD problem is pretty much non existent in the newer consoles and it's altogether cheaper. Hope I helped

Just had a quick browse for you....

The best bundle deal I could find was on Amazon.

For £279 you get:

PS3 320GB Slim Console

Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition

2M HDMI Cable

Gioteck Real Triggers

Fifa 11 or Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part one or Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit or Sims 3 or Fallout: New Vegas or Medal Of Honor

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_157814307_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000457153&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=19NMGWE9WQD3RX2J3RBV&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=220233047&pf_rd_i=506846

For the same price you can get a similar bundle but with the normal version of Gran Turismo 5, this one you get the Collector's Edition.

Your choice at the end of the day, for the choice of games at the bottom I'd go for the Harry Potter game myself as that is a relatively new release then get Fifa11 seperately as you can get that on amazon for £25 anyway compared to £35 for Harry Potter.

The Harry POtter games are some of the worst to be released for any console.

You get a 'ding' with PS3 aswell.

Anyhow, best console to get is what your friends have got, had my mates not all gone out and bought PS3's like tossers I'd still be on Xbox. Still got it now although the missus uses it for her crappy games. Was thinking of getting Black Ops 2nd hand for the Xbox to pwn you lot :D.

You could try mate!;)

The new 360 slim has built-in wifi. You also get Sky Player on Live if you're a Sky subscriber.

It depends on a number of factors as to which console to get;

Is it intended just for gaming or as a wider media centre?

Is it intended to play online as well as offline?

What machine do the majority of his mates have?

If the emphasis is on a media centre then PS3. If it's more for online play then it's a 360. If it doesn't really matter about any of that then just get the cheapest.

Also worth checking the range of exclusive games per console - Sony have some great titles for the PS3, but the 360 has the Halo series, Gears of War, Forza etc.

I've got both consoles, anyone saying that either is 'just better' than the other is talking out of their @rse, and you may disregard their 'opinion' accordingly.... ;)

I think this is the best response, Hatley.

PS3 is meant to be getting Sky Player as well

------------------------------------------------------------

The Sky Player has been a roaring success for Microsoft since launching on Xbox 360 last year - and it now appears that Sony, Nintendo et al could soon share in the triumph.

Sky's Director of On-Demand, Griff Parry, has told CVG sister site TechRadar that Sky is "in talks" to bring the Player to more games consoles".

"We are looking to extend distribution of Sky Player widely via partnerships with key players in key categories," said Parry, when asked about the potential for Sky Player on Wii and PS3.

"Games consoles is obviously one of those key categories, so what you would expect is probably true. We are engaged in talks to explore opportunities, but we are very happy in our relationship with Microsoft.

"We are absolutely not finished with Xbox and aim to make the experience richer and richer and continue innovating."

However, Parry has previously pointed out there was at least one stumbling block to getting the service to PS3.

"Currently consoles like the PlayStation 3 won't play the Sky Player because of the way we protect the content [through Microsoft's Silverlight]; so the PS3 wouldn't be able to cope with the DRM," he told TechRadar last year.

"However, I think games consoles are an interesting opportunity and it is something that we are exploring.

Parry added: "We have a relationship with PlayStation because we launched the PSP service (GoView) so I look at consoles, and there are a lot of them, and they are obviously connected to televisions and the internet."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=248182

Laddo's got a laptop in his room so he can access Sky Player through that. But I'm also thinking of putting a Freesat box in his room, I've got spare outputs on the LNB on my Sky dish so it's not bother to just run a cable to his room from there, plus there's more channels on Freesat than on Freeview.

I think I'm veering more towards the Xbox 360 at the moment. It's a bit cheaper and will do the job more than adequately. Plus there seems to be lots of cheap pre-owned games around for it - I dare say there are for the PS3 too, but there seems to be lots around for Xbox that I know he'd like to play.

you can get an extra sky box put in your room for £10pm & you get all the channels then ;)

Bruv i already pay near on £80 for tv + broadband and there is no way they are getting any more money out of me!

But then as i go on a rant £10 is better than £129 for xbox:rolleyes:

Archived