What happened to the old DET mods?????

Boy from Brazil

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never had a problem with the mods over there, and haven't had any with the mods here (yet! :p)......

I think they did alright with what they had to put up with and the conditions they were modding under.

Unfortunately, the DET was never well moderated by the DET staffers when it was under their control, and as such a culture developed where certain people knew they could say what they wanted, to whoever they wanted, and get away with it. Things could have improved afterwards when Daz, DSG, Arturo and Struanw took over, but, they had oen hand tied behind their back from the sounds of it.

I read somewhere on that forum that they needed written permission from a big sports editor in the DET to ban usernames.

Here, we wait for Daveo and Boycie to ponder over some jaffa cakes in the comfort of their front rooms as they decided who is a half-wit and who isn't.

To be honest I am surprised I have even slipped through that net!!!! :p

Perhaps it was best that it died off, everyone became seperated in certain camps, and if you weren't you got flak from both sides.

Wrist slashers, happy clappers and wums. I took alot of abuse when things were going bad, as did many others. The mods did what they could but they were fighting a losing battle. The person who brought the forum down probably did us all a favour. However, the way 'he' went about it annoys me and he'll never have my support again.

Very happy with this new forum, much less serious for the most part (even if I did get stuck into a few of the old wums and start arguing when I first joined :redface: ) and very friendly banter from most posters.

PS Boycie offered me sweets and biscuits, I think he's a molester :frown:

arturo lupoli was alright

derby seadog and struanw i always suspected of being the same person

struanw was right royal pain in the anal sphincter...caused alot of unnecessary bother with his pedantic superiority and heavy handed mod bother. Wouldnt be surprised if he was a mole for Gadolf.

the forum was good.

Don't really understand the subsequent desire to rubbish it.

struanw was right royal pain in the anal sphincter...caused alot of unnecessary bother with his pedantic superiority and heavy handed mod bother. Wouldnt be surprised if he was a mole for Gadolf.

the forum was good.

I think we're just happier in this setting now, although I do sort of miss the aggro I used to get. That and I was KOTB :D Which I enjoyed.

Overall, this is the happier forum, but the old forum if it were back up i'd be there too.

AHHH, a nice bit of nostalgia chaps.

The sheer amount of posters and relative lack of mods caused the DET to go out of control.

Straunw was a bit anal sometimes but seemed a genuine Derby fan who cared.

Derbyseadog was always sound and sensible. (He sounded like one of them quiet blokes who was probably quite hard!)

Because it was such a popular forum it was often attacked by forest trolls and wums, (several of who offered to come down uttoxeter and kick the **** out of me), after i'd embarrassed them with witty and clever ripostes.

I feel safe here. Boycie sounds like he cud handle himsen, or at least electrocute the tw@ts. :D

Perhaps it was best that it died off, everyone became seperated in certain camps, and if you weren't you got flak from both sides.

Wrist slashers, happy clappers and wums. I took alot of abuse when things were going bad, as did many others. The mods did what they could but they were fighting a losing battle. The person who brought the forum down probably did us all a favour. However, the way 'he' went about it annoys me and he'll never have my support again.

Very happy with this new forum, much less serious for the most part (even if I did get stuck into a few of the old wums and start arguing when I first joined :redface: ) and very friendly banter from most posters.

PS Boycie offered me sweets and biscuits, I think he's a molester :frown:

:confused:

the forum was good.

It’s tricky to work out which version of the DET people are rubbishing. Those who’ve been posting a long time might be rubbishing some version of the DET from years back. As recently as summer 09 the DET was full of trolls. Some long time posters had already left to set up their own forum and many of the saner posters left to join them. If you go on COYR they’re mainly rubbishing that older version of the DET (or the crèche as they call it).

The moderators you mentioned took control of the DET and cleaned it up around summer 09. They did an excellent job. For most of 09-10 it was a fast, furious, and very funny forum with more posters than you could shake a stick at. If you knew the forum then it’s hard to understand how anyone could rubbish it.

Then we were all moved to the Delaroy forum. This is referred to as the DET even thought it wasn’t run by the DET. It seemed OK at first but any unmoderated footie forum is a disaster waiting to happen. Sure enough, during the short time of its existence the banter and genuine differences of opinion turned into open warfare and outright bullying.

The Delaroy forum is often the ‘DET’ being rubbished on this forum - by ex-DET posters of course, not the long standing dcfcfannies.

AJP Taylor.

Archived