2010 BBC Sports Personality of the Year

CumbrianRam

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to AP McCoy, 2010 BBC Sports Personality of the year!

AWARD WINNERS

Sports Personality of the year: AP McCoy

Runner-up: Phil Taylor

Third-place: Jessica Ennis

Lifetime Achievement Award: David Beckham

Coach of the Year: Colin Montgomerie

Overseas Sports Personality: Rafael Nadal

Team of the Year: Europe's Ryder Cup team

Unsung Sports Hero: Lance Haggith

Young Sports Personality: Tom Daley

Helen Rollason Award: Sir Frank Williams

There aren't many sports 'personalities' that peck my swede - but Phil Taylor is one. I cannot stand him - I appreciate his acheivements but that just irks me more. I find him big headed and patronising - when he talks, he always bigs the person he's playing up - but you can see that underneath he means non of it, he's a slimy toad....ugh.....

it would have been a travesty if that fat bloke who throws things at a non moving target won it!

why call it sports personality of the year ,after all darts is just a pub game played by fat alcoholics.

is dominoes and crib classed as a sport nowadys?:confused:

Congratulations to AP McCoy, 2010 BBC Sports Personality of the year!

AWARD WINNERS

Sports Personality of the year: AP McCoy

Runner-up: Phil Taylor

Third-place: Jessica Ennis

Lifetime Achievement Award: David Beckham

Coach of the Year: ALEX W

Overseas Sports Personality: Rafael Nadal

Team of the Year: Europe's Ryder Cup team

Unsung Sports Hero: BOYCIE

Young Sports Personality: Tom Daley

Helen Rollason Award: Sir Frank Williams

Can't argue with them

Totally agree with AP winning.Suprised Taylor got runner up.I found it all a bit predictable,golf wins team and coach of the year.I would have given Holloway the coach award.The Beckham ovation went on too long and I think he is too young to get a lifetime achievement award,although I respect him highly.Shame his wife and children dont seem to know how to smile.The show was ruined by the fat,scruffy,ego mad,totally unfunny james cordon.What a tw@t.

No footballers in the top ten either....speaks volumes.

Beckham deserved it and I am thankful that as I was growing up I got to watch him progress in football. I can't see how darts is a sport, all the players are fat and waste of time to me, others find it good and I have no complaints about it. Although I never knew him I can't believe that Dale Roberts is gone, he was way too young and Adam Stansfield. Maybe Robbie Savage will be on sometime winning the lifetime achievement award :D

Becks award is a media love in. If he had the looks of Earnshaw he would'nt have got it. Its nowt to do with his football (which was ok at his peak in a good team), its all about spin and marrying a second rate singer who was famous for a year or two.

A lifetime award? Give over.

to be fair to becks, he is amazing at what he does now. in his peak he was briliant. and now he knows his imitations, but is briliant the way he wont turn his back on england. and will help out for anything ie olympics, world cup bid etc. he is now more than a footballer. hes like royalty but with out actually being royal.

i nthought it was disgraceful how all those people lied to him about the world cup bid

to be fair to becks, he is amazing at what he does now. in his peak he was briliant. and now he knows his imitations, but is briliant the way he wont turn his back on england. and will help out for anything ie olympics, world cup bid etc. he is now more than a footballer. hes like royalty but with out actually being royal.

i nthought it was disgraceful how all those people lied to him about the world cup bid

Give me a break.

like Uttox quite rightly said, a complete media love in, he would never have got it if he had looked like Earnshaw, completely correct.

Average player playing in a very good team.

The reason he is prepared to "help out with anything ie olympics, world cup bid etc" is becuase he CRAVES the media attention, he couldn't live without it, and if he had just gone to Galaxy and played football he would have got none of it.

No one lied to HIM about the world cup bid, they lied to our team...i wasn't David Freaking Beckhams world cup bid, it was Englands..

But I did like your slip...."he knows his imitations"....

Over paid, over hyped, over rated, over loved and thank god over there..

Give me a break.

like Uttox quite rightly said, a complete media love in, he would never have got it if he had looked like Earnshaw, completely correct.

Average player playing in a very good team.

The reason he is prepared to "help out with anything ie olympics, world cup bid etc" is becuase he CRAVES the media attention, he couldn't live without it, and if he had just gone to Galaxy and played football he would have got none of it.

No one lied to HIM about the world cup bid, they lied to our team...i wasn't David Freaking Beckhams world cup bid, it was Englands..

But I did like your slip...."he knows his imitations"....

Over paid, over hyped, over rated, over loved and thank god over there..

Someones got a crush..

the old playground mentality.

Archived