2010 BBC Sports Personality of the Year

CumbrianRam

seem to have sparked a debate for having an opinion..! wowzers.

As for winning the FA Cup, come on, give me strength, he bought the FA Cup when no one was/interested in it, he has systematically disolved a good West Ham team, wrecked Portsmouth, wrecked Southampton and got Tottenham to finish a mighty 4th by only spending over 150 million pounds...bargain...what a great manager..

well that is your opinion however I disagree, tottenham conceivably could win the premier league in a couple of seasons, also when was the last time tottenham were in the top 4? tottenham have spent big for a good while not just while harry was there, indeed I wouldn't be surprised if the guy spent less than a lot of his predecessors. The guy made Portsmouth good, he got them from the championship to the uefa cup, is it his fault that he was given a budget and it went wrong? You can't blame the manager for the finances of a club. He won the F.A cup and beat utd away on the way.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well that is your opinion however I disagree, tottenham conceivably could win the premier league in a couple of seasons, also when was the last time tottenham were in the top 4? tottenham have spent big for a good while not just while harry was there, indeed I wouldn't be surprised if the guy spent less than a lot of his predecessors. The guy made Portsmouth good, he got them from the championship to the uefa cup, is it his fault that he was given a budget and it went wrong? You can't blame the manager for the finances of a club. He won the F.A cup and beat utd away on the way.

John Sillett won the FA cup and beat Man Utd on the way there don`t make him a good manager though.

Harry has spent over 150 million to get Tottenham to finish a mighty 4th...OVER 150 million..! I would be very surprised if any manager in their history has spent anywhere near that amount...and won NOTHING...

He completely broke Portsmouth to the absolute point of completely going out of business, then when he got offered more money he jumped ship and went to their biggest rivals....only to do it again when he got offered even more money.

I hope Beckham signs for them...then I will have 2 metre Peter, the second hand car salesman and the most over rated footballer ever all in one group, I will hate them more than Forest soon...¨ha ha

That's a bit harsh IMO. Can't blame him for investing money he's been given. Considering the number of people saying that our board should open the purse strings and let Nigel spend, it'd be a bit hypocritical of them to blame Nigel for spending the money.

He's spent however much it is, and Spurs are now challenging for a champions league position. Considering the amount spent building Man U and Chelsea, plus the amount Man C have spent this season, what more could he realistically aim for? And the season is still young, so who knows how they'll finish?

Beckham still has something to offer at that level. Crouch will still score goals. As for Harry's lack of loyalty - he's in football. Kind of goes with the territory. As far as I'm aware he's never kissed a badge, so that makes him superior to most of the footballers I've seen. Its just a job.

Harry has spent over 150 million to get Tottenham to finish a mighty 4th...OVER 150 million..! I would be very surprised if any manager in their history has spent anywhere near that amount...and won NOTHING...

He completely broke Portsmouth to the absolute point of completely going out of business, then when he got offered more money he jumped ship and went to their biggest rivals....only to do it again when he got offered even more money.

I hope Beckham signs for them...then I will have 2 metre Peter, the second hand car salesman and the most over rated footballer ever all in one group, I will hate them more than Forest soon...¨ha ha

Pompeys fate was at the hands of their chairmen,not the manager.

If a chairman gives a manager the money,he will spend it.Look at what pickering did here,crazy. Tottenham are punching well above their weight,and playing some good football too.

your prejudice against Redknapp is a bit stupid.

Pompeys fate was at the hands of their chairmen,not the manager.

If a chairman gives a manager the money,he will spend it.Look at what pickering did here,crazy. Tottenham are punching well above their weight,and playing some good football too.

your prejudice against Redknapp is a bit stupid.

Do you think the chaiman just comes into the managers office with a box of cash and says..."there you go 'arry knock yourself out" ? Or does good ol arry go into the chairmans office and say "I want x amount of millions to buy x player"? Mind you...probably shouldn't mention anything to do with boxes of cash etc should I..

Bournemouth = Broke

West Ham = Broke

Portsmouth = Broke

Southampton = Broke

Totenham = over 150 million spent......what next....? hmmm I wonder

and what do they all have in common..?

Archived