Sliding doors

dog

9 hours ago, Normanton Lad said:

We’ve got some rum coves on here – football hooligans, jailbirds, etc. I‘ve always been a careful person and I’ve lived a quiet, undramatic life. Some of those I’ve known have had very eventful lives. Two of my close relatives were murdered. A friend and someone I worked with were murdered. Two people at my place of work were murderers. As regards advice to a younger self only two things come to mind.

First, around about 1980 I was standing in the queue outside the Odeon on London Road to see 10 with Bo Derek when a passing stranger said “Don’t bother. The film is rubbish.” I didn’t listen and that was about 90 minutes of my life wasted. Seven was also a waste of time. The filming was so dark I couldn’t work out what was going on. Fellini’s Eight and a half was equally mystifying. My advice would be to avoid any film with a number in the title – unless it is by Kurosawa.

The second thing happened a few days ago when I posted on the 9/11 thread for the edification of some of the low knowledge types on here. That thread has just disappeared. Does anyone know why?  If I could go back a few days I would tell myself "Don't post anything on politics. It only upsets the blue pill types.”

Should have listened to me around 1980, heh

Finally someone who agrees with me about 7.  There was nothing to work out, it was horrid Hollywood formula all the dark way.

Reluctantly, I would try to catch up on the 9/11 thread but quickly start the head shaking and gaping in disbelief and then abandon it for the sake of what's left of my sanity.

I did admire your attempts though, futile as they certainly appeared to be.

I think I love you

Edited by ramit
Don't you wanna know

2 hours ago, Normanton Lad said:

We’ve got some rum coves on here – football hooligans, jailbirds, etc. I‘ve always been a careful person and I’ve lived a quiet, undramatic life. Some of those I’ve known have had very eventful lives. Two of my close relatives were murdered. A friend and someone I worked with were murdered. Two people at my place of work were murderers. As regards advice to a younger self only two things come to mind.

First, around about 1980 I was standing in the queue outside the Odeon on London Road to see 10 with Bo Derek when a passing stranger said “Don’t bother. The film is rubbish.” I didn’t listen and that was about 90 minutes of my life wasted. Seven was also a waste of time. The filming was so dark I couldn’t work out what was going on. Fellini’s Eight and a half was equally mystifying. My advice would be to avoid any film with a number in the title – unless it is by Kurosawa.

The second thing happened a few days ago when I posted on the 9/11 thread for the edification of some of the low knowledge types on here. That thread has just disappeared. Does anyone know why?  If I could go back a few days I would tell myself "Don't post anything on politics. It only upsets the blue pill types.”

Never mind all that. 
Tell us more about your date at the pictures with Bo Derek, you spawny git!