Jacob Widell Zetterström

Thought Jacob made some decent saves today v Shef Utd and wasn’t helped by some poor back passes again . However he made a fatal error today with his wall for the winning goal . I was stood right in line and a 3 man wall was never going to be good enough with Osborn on the end at 5’6”. Add to that he stood to the left expecting a left foot shot and left a massive hole to shoot into on the right . He will learn , in this league small margins make the difference. 

13 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Thought Jacob made some decent saves today v Shef Utd and wasn’t helped by some poor back passes again . However he made a fatal error today with his wall for the winning goal . I was stood right in line and a 3 man wall was never going to be good enough with Osborn on the end at 5’6”. Add to that he stood to the left expecting a left foot shot and left a massive hole to shoot into on the right . He will learn , in this league small margins make the difference. 

Plus Ozzie didn’t attempt to jump, maybe you don’t if you’re on that end as it might go low near post? But it did look half hearted.

5 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Plus Ozzie didn’t attempt to jump, maybe you don’t if you’re on that end as it might go low near post? But it did look half hearted.

You often see a player stood on the ball looking towards his own goal to line the wall up. Perhaps NML could have done this to help Jacob . I’m sure Warne and his coaches will be looking at that goal today .

6 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

You often see a player stood on the ball looking towards his own goal to line the wall up. Perhaps NML could have done this to help Jacob . I’m sure Warne and his coaches will be looking at that goal today .

I hope they are too. The technique of Hamer is a beauty to behold. Few, if any, keepers, or defensive walls, are going to stop that.

I think its very unfair to blame him for that goal, it was an amazing strike and went in off the post which means it was as far away from Jacob as it possibly could gave been. Apart from the goal he made a number of great saves, one of which, from a shot from the edge of the box would have beaten most keepers. He's a terrific goalie and is going to get better for sure   

3 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

I think its very unfair to blame him for that goal, it was an amazing strike and went in off the post which means it was as far away from Jacob as it possibly could gave been. Apart from the goal he made a number of great saves, one of which, from a shot from the edge of the box would have beaten most keepers. He's a terrific goalie and is going to get better for sure   

Once that shot is allowed it is indeed very difficult to stop. And it's not a difficult ball to strike from there. I'd back myself to score in that position with that wall. That's why the wall was clearly at fault, and it's the keeper's job to organize it. Warne obviously aware in the post-match interview. 

Yes Jacob looks a fabulous addition and a brilliant shot stopper, but he was poor but got lucky with another freekick recently (the one that struck the bar) and his distribution with his feet needs work. It's great that I expect him to become even better quickly, as wall-building and keeper positioning and readiness behind it should be an easy fix. 

On 22/09/2024 at 04:40, Boycie said:

Why don’t we get someone to do the lying down thing ? Makes the guy taking the kick assume they’ll all jump and limits his margin for error