The Nat Phillips signing...

MadAmster

59 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

There are few easier games to bed new players in than Cardiff at home. Therefore, I'd start Phillips.

A tougher question is, which one should be dropped or do we play three at the back? 

There are a few shouts for Nelson, but I'd rather drop Cashin than Nelson. Unpopular opinion, I assume.

I’m a little old school - two right footers at CB brings a tad of imbalance for me.

18 hours ago, rammieib said:

I’m a little old school - two right footers at CB brings a tad of imbalance for me.

I agree that it would make building from the back more predictable. 

The other option is to wait for the game where we definitely need to defend more as it should be his biggest strength. Great to have options!

On 05/09/2024 at 21:53, i-Ram said:

I will be amazed if Phillips doesn’t start the next game against Cardiff. I don’t know how he will fit him in, but Warne will shore the back line up further, and immediately.

Indeed.  The idea that we will not have him in the team at every opportunity is for the birds.

The guy played several games in the Champions League for Liverpool, winning man of the match.  He is our best player by a country mile. 

We play our best game of the season, put our best performance ever under Warne thus far and people are talking about changing the spine of the team? Why? Cashin was brilliant vs Bristol City.
Phillips has had a weird career. He was only on loan at Cardiff, he’s not been at a top level club at this level or really kicked on anywhere he’s been. He’ll have to prove himself to get in the side. Personally, I’d keep the same team if poss. Possibly changing NML for Harness due to the amount of travel he’s done. 

26 minutes ago, OoooMarkWright said:

We play our best game of the season, put our best performance ever under Warne thus far and people are talking about changing the spine of the team? Why? Cashin was brilliant vs Bristol City.
Phillips has had a weird career. He was only on loan at Cardiff, he’s not been at a top level club at this level or really kicked on anywhere he’s been. He’ll have to prove himself to get in the side. Personally, I’d keep the same team if poss. Possibly changing NML for Harness due to the amount of travel he’s done. 

Phillips is a Premier League, Scottish Premier League and FA Cup winner. For a start, we don't have anyone else of even near that pedigree.   We will not have got Liverpool to loan him to us for him to sit on the bench.  

He will need to compete, of course; but, we will want other grade a clubs to loan us Premier League players.  If we bench him that will not happen. 

55 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

Phillips is a Premier League, Scottish Premier League and FA Cup winner. For a start, we don't have anyone else of even near that pedigree.   We will not have got Liverpool to loan him to us for him to sit on the bench.  

He will need to compete, of course; but, we will want other grade a clubs to loan us Premier League players.  If we bench him that will not happen. 

That’s the equivalent of saying Scott Carson is a multi Premier League winner, Champions League winning goalkeeper!

18 minutes ago, OoooMarkWright said:

That’s the equivalent of saying Scott Carson is a multi Premier League winner, Champions League winning goalkeeper!

Not untrue 🙂

Fair enough it was half in jest, though I will retain Scottish Premier League - as made a good number of appearances. 

1 hour ago, CBX1985 said:

Scottish Premier League winner you say? 
Over to you @jimbobram Go get him 😂