Is this the best squad warne has had

Archied

Is this the best squad warne has had in his time as a manager and to have a crack at the championship , is it good enough now the window has closed to really push us beyond a relegation scrap ? 
we could have done with a striker in my view but apart from that we seem to have got some talent in over the summer, perhaps we are looking at a striker from the free agent area or we feel brown can properly work his way into contention,

I know for sure I am buying a programme today. ! It’s almost a whole new team. It’s going to take a few games for them to get to know each other but from what I have seen and from the stats I think we have enough to work with.

I reckon the quality of individuals is high enough (with a rider that the striking dept is a bit thin) The key is can Warne get them playing as a unit and if he can, how long will it take to do that. ? The moaners will blame him for every poor result from now, regardless.
I reckon today is interesting. Vs a middle of the road established side but at home. If they weren’t all new to each other this is the sort of game we should be looking to win but can they gel ? If we don’t, I think I’ll give the forum a miss tonight because it will another “off with his head fest”

13 minutes ago, jono said:

I know for sure I am buying a programme today. ! It’s almost a whole new team. It’s going to take a few games for them to get to know each other but from what I have seen and from the stats I think we have enough to work with.

I reckon the quality of individuals is high enough (with a rider that the striking dept is a bit thin) The key is can Warne get them playing as a unit and if he can, how long will it take to do that. ? The moaners will blame him for every poor result from now, regardless.
I reckon today is interesting. Vs a middle of the road established side but at home. If they weren’t all new to each other this is the sort of game we should be looking to win but can they gel ? If we don’t, I think I’ll give the forum a miss tonight because it will another “off with his head fest”

Made me smile , we said a program purchase was a must for boro , seems like we need another today😀

More importantly this is almost his own squad & today was how he wants to play so he is finally able to play the way he wants as he got players in who suit it. He has always said he likes pace as well as athletes in midfield which we really showed today.

9 out of the starting 11 players were his signings. I think today has shown what we are capable of & what Warne actually wants. 

Now its time to show this more consistently.

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Football fans in a nutshell 🤣

Screenshot_2024-08-31-19-00-44-987_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Don’t really get you , my post has no relevance to is this the worst DERBY squad ever , not opened the other one yet but my post is purely Warne career oriented in terms of is this the best squad he’s been backed enough to keep/ put together as yet and will it give him opportunity to show his know how / skills or lack of them 🤷🏻‍♂️

9 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Football fans in a nutshell 🤣

Screenshot_2024-08-31-19-00-44-987_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Both in isolation could be correct, by Warne’s own omission the best side he had in with Rotherham was the 22/23 and this squad is undoubtedly better prepared, much deeper and has more quality. I think with the signings made, this squad certainly isn’t the worst we’ve had in the championship either, probably not quite as good as the 19/20 squad but probably not too far off it. 

9 hours ago, Archied said:

Don’t really get you , my post has no relevance to is this the worst DERBY squad ever , not opened the other one yet but my post is purely Warne career oriented in terms of is this the best squad he’s been backed enough to keep/ put together as yet and will it give him opportunity to show his know how / skills or lack of them 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not sure it was intended as a dig buddy, more an observation of the disparate nature of the forum thinking, but you're right in that if this thread were a, 'Is This The Best Championship Squad Derby Have had' kinda deal, it would be a more pertinent comparison.

As for the question you actually posed, I can't say I know too much about Rotherham so my view is pretty anecdotal, but I'd be very surprised were it not. Rotherham fans maintain that they have a very good owner and a well run club, but it's hard to believe that any squad Warne compiled there had the same sort of quality and potential as the one he's pulling together currently. They're a modestly sized club compared to Derby after all. We also still have some very good players who have yet to play and guys like Ward who add further strength in depth when fit and match sharp and unless I imagined it, I seem to recall it was said that additional funds will be made available for the January window too. I think we're in good shape to be honest, though it's hard to explain our Cup match form. Small matter though, as this season more than any in a fair while, the league is what really matters.

Edited by Comrade 86

5 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Not sure it was intended as a dig buddy, more an observation of the disparate nature of the forum thinking, but you're right in that if this thread were a, 'Is This The Best Championship Squad Derby Have had' kinda deal, it would be a more pertinent comparison.

As for the question you actually posed, I can't say I know too much about Rotherham so my view is pretty anecdotal, but I'd be very surprised were it not. Rotherham fans maintain that they have a very good owner and a well run club, but it's hard to believe that any squad Warne compiled there had the same sort of quality and potential as the one he's pulling together currently. They're a modestly sized club compared to Derby after all. We also still have some very good players who have yet to play and guys like Ward who add further strength in depth when fit and match sharp and unless I imagined it, I seem to recall it was said that additional funds will be made available for the January window too. I think we're in good shape to be honest, though it's hard to explain our Cup match form. Small matter though, as this season more than any in a fair while, the league is what really matters.

Yes I was kind of interested if some of the more informed posters than myself could shine some light on the kind of backing he’s had in terms of being backed enough to build on success he’s had or if it’s mainly been build a decent side , have players sold and start again from scratch on a shoestring , I don’t think it’s possible to make too many comparisons with best or worst ever derby derby squad as far too many of have seen us be the champions of England and on the bones of our backsides over 60 odd years so I was trying to pose a completely different question to the one s it’s been compared to 👍