Rate The Last Film You Saw

WorksopRam

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Muriel's Wedding

Really didn't get this the first time I saw it but it has become a bit of a guilty pleasure for me now. Saw it last night for maybe the 4th time and it gets better with every watch. The orchestral version of "Dancing queen" in the film was also played at our wedding, so that bit is always quite poignant as well.

9/10

Watched the theory of everything on friday.
Brilliant film. Usually find most oscar nominated films are awful and it's just dogooders pretending they've found a hidden meaning, but this was an excellent film, really well acted and leaves a lump in your throat.

I thought it left a lump in a wheelchair. I must have the wrong film.

I thought it left a lump in a wheelchair. I must have the wrong film.

Iram, was there any need for that? Really?

Anyway...moving on...
Gladiator. Can anybody tell me why there's a German Shepherd in the opening battle scene? What's the point?
It puzzles me every time I watch it.

Iram, was there any need for that? Really?

Anyway...moving on...
Gladiator. Can anybody tell me why there's a German Shepherd in the opening battle scene? What's the point?
It puzzles me every time I watch it.

I think German Shepherd was meant to be a wolf and Crowe's pet;I think I read somewhere not allowed to use real wolves.

Watched the 3rd Hunger Games movie the other day - massively disappointing 4/10

I'm also big on watching series too - done the likes of Scrubs, Friends, Breaking Bad, TBBT, Two and a Half Men, Lost and The Office.

Another one I watched and highly recommend if you're interested in politics is House of Cards with Kevin Spacey. I'm not that big on politics, but I think it's fascinating and really really well done.

Also the spin-off from Breaking Bad - Better Call Saul - is up and running and after 3 episodes it looks like being another cracker. A few recognisable faces help.

Heard good things about the movie Foxcatcher which I'm about to watch now.

I, Robot

OK, the film bears little resemblance to Asimov's masterpiece, but it's still a very enjoyable film (and I do like Will Smith)

A solid 8/10

Archived