CrowdStrike - BIG IT outages

This is big.

Planes grounded as mass worldwide IT outage hits airlines, media and banks

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/cnk4jdwp49et

"7/18/24 10:20PM PT - Hello everyone - We have widespread reports of BSODs on windows hosts, occurring on multiple sensor versions. Investigating cause. TA will be published shortly. Pinned thread.

SCOPE: EU-1, US-1, US-2 and US-GOV-1

Edit 10:36PM PT - TA posted: https://supportportal.crowdstrike.com/s/article/Tech-Alert-Windows-crashes-related-to-Falcon-Sensor-2024-07-19

Edit 11:27 PM PT:

CrowdStrike Engineering has identified a content deployment related to this issue and reverted those changes.

Workaround Steps:

Boot Windows into Safe Mode or the Windows Recovery Environment

Navigate to the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\CrowdStrike directory

Locate the file matching “C-00000291*.sys”, and delete it.

Boot the host normally."

From Reddit

Saw that online but seems if people try it then their Bitlocker Drive Encryption blocks it (not that I really know what that means).  Back to square one it seems.  Crowdstrike must be

Fire Explosion GIF

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Saw that online but seems if people try it then their Bitlocker Drive Encryption blocks it (not that I really know what that means).  Back to square one it seems.  Crowdstrike must be

Fire Explosion GIF

Think then you need a 15 digit key code but that means getting it from BitLocker... #oops

That reminds me of the Apple cockup decades ago when - you know they hate having any ways to attach external drives - their machines needed their modem drivers updated but they couldn't connect to the internet to download them. Lol.

Edited by RoyMac5

In the UK, railway companies report delays and say they're experiencing "widespread IT issues"

Some GP surgeries in England are having issues with booking appointments.

Delhi airport goes manual:

image.png.cbce77884fbd7d015bb35ca3d981e687.png

"There are multiple reports in relation to EMIS Web - which allows GPs to manage appointment bookings, conduct patient consultations, and update, store and share patient records.

Grimethorpe Surgery in Barnsley posted on X, external reporting a "major issue" saying it has "no access" to the clinical system.

The clinic later posted saying: "We are aware that users are still unable to access EMIS Web."

The Church Lane Surgery in Brighouse posted on X saying "our clinical system has not been working since 7am this morning".

"We have no access to patient clinical records so are unable to book appointments or provide information."

Central Lakes Medical Group in Ambleside wrote on X saying it has been "impacted by the IT outage".

Solihull Healthcare Partnership in the West Midlands said there is a "national issue" with "EMIS Web", the clinical computer system."

50 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Reason I take enough cash to cover food shop just in case.

Haha - I went to the cash machine this morning and the ATM blue screened, Kept my card

Went into the garage to get cashback. "Sorry we don't do cashback any more"

Found another ATM and got a £20 out.

Went to pay for a milk 4 pinter with it  - "sorry I haven't got enough change in the till"

1 minute ago, Stive Pesley said:

Haha - I went to the cash machine this morning and the ATM blue screened, Kept my card

Went into the garage to get cashback. "Sorry we don't do cashback any more"

Found another ATM and got a £20 out.

Went to pay for a milk 4 pinter with it  - "sorry I haven't got enough change in the till"

Should have paid with Bitcoin

A spokesperson for the UK's National Pharmacy Association says: "We're aware that due to global IT outages that services in community pharmacies, including the accessing of prescriptions from GPs and medicine deliveries, are disrupted today.

"We urge patients to be patient whilst visiting their pharmacy."

This might affect a few of you.

"British betting firm Ladbrokes reports problems published at 10:01

10:01

Ladbrokes says: "You might have seen the news about the global technical issue affecting airlines, banks etc.

"Unfortunately we're experiencing this too. We're working hard to resolve the issue but don't know when it will be fixed.

"Thanks for being so patient and apologies for the inconvenience."

I wonder how many of the companies affected have heard of Buisness Continuity Planning? - and are now wishing they'd invested time and money putting things in place that would minimise the impact of a widescale IT outage....

2 hours ago, TimRam said:

Reason I take enough cash to cover food shop just in case.

What if the tills aren’t working though? You need to take the wife/partner with you in case you need something to barter with. 😀

Edited by Tamworthram

On 19/07/2024 at 09:37, RoyMac5 said:

In the UK, railway companies report delays and say they're experiencing "widespread IT issues"

Delhi airport goes manual:

image.png.cbce77884fbd7d015bb35ca3d981e687.png

Went to Bradford on the train yesterday everything was fine.

Just the usual train cancellation due to the overpaid drivers train dispute.

Edited by cstand