Adama Sidibeh

Nuwtfly

3 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Some of our fans do make me laugh.

Turning their noses up at Woodrow on loan.

But seeing us linked to a lad who's been in non league, then Scotland with absolutely no idea of who he is and have never seen him play "Derby should be all over this"

Then these would be the same fans that would absolutely batter Paul Warne if the lad ended up being s****.

We can't afford to take gambles on someone like this at the minute. This season is all about staying up. Not like hes a young lad either. Hes 27 next season.

Woodrow has played at this level and scored goals at this level. Plus his attributes of bringing others into play are what we need.

I completely disagree. Based on the fees we've paid for Adams and Goudmijn as well as the rumoured fee for Zetterstrom, there's bound to be a transfer budget set aside for a forward - £500k being a reasonable amount.

We have a reliable starter (Yates), and we have a reliably fit backup (Collins). We also habe Washington and Jackson as options in a front 2. We can afford to take a punt on someone for £200-500k as these risky signings typically have a lower wage too.

He’s an intriguing player, but hell of a gamble. He’s got a good goalscoring record, which can’t be ignored, but there’s a lot of comments from fans with concerns about his general play and fitness. I think that would be a problem, especially in this team. 

10 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He’s an intriguing player, but hell of a gamble. He’s got a good goalscoring record, which can’t be ignored, but there’s a lot of comments from fans with concerns about his general play and fitness. I think that would be a problem, especially in this team. 

It’s likely he could improve massively with better fitness ( Warne’s speciality) and good coaching. Sounds like he is a natural goal scorer. He will be put through Bobat’s algorithm to see if he worth the fee £ per pound.

IMG_1065.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Aberdeen reportedly are about to activate the release clause. So if we actually do want him ( which I don’t think we do) we need to make a decision quick. 

Good move for them as they are about to make a tidy profit from miovski. 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

What's your take on him @Srg? I found the video below and it wouldn't swing me either way in all honesty. It seems to suggest that Hull were looking at him too at some point which piques my interest a little.

16 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

What's your take on him @Srg? I found the video below and it wouldn't swing me either way in all honesty. It seems to suggest that Hull were looking at him too at some point which piques my interest a little.

Can’t say I’ve looked into him too much but just on the face of it, given his age and what level he’s played at thus far, it would certainly be a punt and you’re not likely to make much on him if you were to sell in a couple of years. 

1 hour ago, Comrade 86 said:

League One at best 

4 hours ago, Srg said:

Perth journalist says this isn't true. Pete O Rourke putting 2 and 2 together after Miovski left and Aberdeen have just paid £900k for a forward yesterday. 

Personally, I don't think he's anywhere near Championship standard. 

I really don't know how anyone can take guesses on if he's "League Two" or "League One" at best when none of you have seen him play, and there is almost no statistical data available to come to any real conclusion.

I don't even think St Johnstone know what his level is and they would know better than anyone.

He's been playing at professional level for six months. Give it a rest with the snap judgments because they are not just ill-informed, they are absolutely uninformed. Zero evidence.