'Arry

David

Good on Harry Redknapp.

Completely agree that interviews would be pointless if they didn't speak their minds. And for those that say "I don't wanna listen to him... "etc well, maybe the whole world except us thinks that when Nigel speaks. Change channel.

Whether the refs decision is right or not has nothing to do with this discussion.

Harry Redknapp doesn't work for the referee. He works for one organisation and a referee is supposed to be impartial. If he feels he and his employers have been cheated then why can he not speak his mind? It's not the same as being interviewed at the end of a days work.

If on this forum you wasn't allowed to discuss Derby in a negative light then how many of us would be here? None i'd imagine. It'd become pretty dull discussing Derby if we all were forced to give the opinion that every player is brilliant for the club etc. Their would be nothing to discuss. Wouldn't be worth it would it.

Are we really asking all managers to come out and read from a card "today was a great/poor game for us and we won/lost because we scored less/more"? That's really what we want from football? We stop players celebrating goals with their fans, taking of their shirts in celebration and now managers are censored. Don't we want to see people passionate about their jobs? Most Derby fans would say Billy Davies being at Forest adds a tiny bit more spice to our rivalry. Is that not a good thing? It wouldn't be the same if every player/manager behaved like a mindless robot.

Who do referees answer to? Nobody. They can do their job how they as individuals see fit and do not have to fear any punishment no matter how useless at the job some of them are. You can't question them. You can't criticise them. They are like some sort of supreme beings. They are the only people in football that don't have to answer for their actions.

Harry Redknapp was asked what he thought. It's a job requirement that he gives an interview. He said what he thought. Where's the problem? Should he not do the job he loves (it's not always about money so saying he has enough to retire misses the point) because there's one small part of the job he doesn't enjoy? Should he also quit because he doesn't like losing?

It's a bit weird that he's getting criticism here, from Derby fans, for speaking his mind in an interview with honesty. Didn't we have a fella here called Brian Clough once?

Maybe it is mardy to say he'll not do further interviews if punished. But if he's punished for answering a question he's required to face then you can understand his problem. What exactly is the morale of the story here? To lie during these interviews? What a waste of time that would be then eh?

Referees are not accountable for the decisions. How are they ever going to improve while the FA wrap them up and protect them like newborn babies?

Get me to plaster your house and tell me i'll be payed no matter what and it'll have no effect on any future work i may or may not get. Lets see what sort of quality of work you get. Then when i'm done your not allowed to say anything bad about my work when asked to give me a reference.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just can't stand all the media bullpoop surrounding him as such a great manager, a wheeler dealer, a great motivator etc etc

He won the FA cup with Portsmouth. That's some achievement.

people forget what a turn coat he was at Portsmouth and Southampton

Portsmouth effectively pushed him out by putting a Director of football in. The Southampton job was available, he went for it. A certain Mr Clough did the same thing a few years ago...

how he managed to sell all of West Ham's golden generation in one go

And they got very good money for those players. It set West Ham up nicely for many years to come. There's no way they could hold onto those players. £18m for Ferdinand when £18m was mega, mega money.

and how he has been surrounded in financial problems for years. (obviously I think he is completely innocent of all these accusations)

I think he said that last time he had his home raided, it was regarding a £10k tax bill. I'm sure he said he'd paid over £1m in tax so it seemed a bit extreme to raid his house for such a (relatively) small amount. Allegedly.

In general, I just don't think he is any good.

Apart from taking a sh!te club like Portsmouth into Europe and making Spurs regular CL contenders. I can understand you not liking the guy but he's a good manager.

(and don't get me started on Jamie "state the obvious" Redknapp)

Now you're talking sense. He's not the most insightful is he. Mind, they had Andrew Cole on MOTD2 and he's got the personality of a pot plant.

Portsmouth effectively pushed him out by putting a Director of football in. The Southampton job was available, he went for it. A certain Mr Clough did the same thing a few years ago...

And they got very good money for those players. It set West Ham up nicely for many years to come. There's no way they could hold onto those players. £18m for Ferdinand when £18m was mega, mega money.

I think he said that last time he had his home raided, it was regarding a £10k tax bill. I'm sure he said he'd paid over £1m in tax so it seemed a bit extreme to raid his house for such a (relatively) small amount. Allegedly.

Apart from taking a sh!te club like Portsmouth into Europe and making Spurs regular CL contenders. I can understand you not liking the guy but he's a good manager.

Now you're talking sense. He's not the most insightful is he. Mind, they had Andrew Cole on MOTD2 and he's got the personality of a pot plant.

He won the FA Cup with Portsmouth...and have you seen the state Portsmouth are in because of this..?..hmm money eh

Portsmouth did nto push him out, he went of his own accord to their arch rivals for money....and then where did he go afterwards..?..hmm money eh

He single handedly sold West Hams only chance of winning anything in the modern era for a huge profitl, but would they have been better off keeping Ferdinand, Fat Frank etc etc?..hmm money eh

I don't want to even go into all the tax fraud allegations, it is far too complicated and probably illegal for me to talk about it..hmm...money eh

And at Spurs, he scraped them into the Champions League, did he do this with nothing...or did he spend over 150 million doing it?..hmm money eh

I agree with most of what your saying, but the money he spent at Portsmouth dilutes his achievement there somewhat. Doing a grand job at Spurs though.

He won the FA Cup with Portsmouth...and have you seen the state Portsmouth are in because of this..?..hmm money eh

Not 'Arry's fault Portsmouth are in the situation they are, if a chairman says yes you can sign those players...he's not going to say hold on can I just check the clubs finances before I do.

It's down to the owners and chairman to set the transfer budget, they cocked up big time, that's not 'Arry's fault.

Archived