'Arry

David

Not only that, but Manure are paying the fines incurred by Suralix, so it doesn't even come out of his own pocket when the reason he's refusing the interviews is a personal matter between him and the BBC. Talk about contempt....

Wow, is that true? Great employers... terrible employee!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blind prejudice...? Why is that...I would say it about any of the managers that are being FORCED to talk to people as part of your job...and who are spitting their little dummies out about it....(ok, maybe I would only use the barrow boy reference for the stinking joke that is "our 'arry)oh the hardship these managers have to endure, who would take that job..?

You might say that.... but your views on Redknapp, Alardyce and Bruce are well documented elsewhere on the forum. Presumably if Capello or one of the other top 5 managers in the world had made the same comment, you would have viewed it differently since you hold them with such poorly concealed reverence - as opposed to the equally poorly concealed contempt and disdain with which you regard Redknapp, etc. Doesn't matter if what's been said has merit - because Redknapp has said it you dismiss it as spitting the dummy out. That's prejudice in action.

Hardship? Yes, you could argue that, in a sense. Having your every spontaneous word analysed and commented on and subjected to censure? Some might call that a restriction of basic civil liberties, in any other walk of life.....

You might say that.... but your views on Redknapp, Alardyce and Bruce are well documented elsewhere on the forum. Presumably if Capello or one of the other top 5 managers in the world had made the same comment, you would have viewed it differently since you hold them with such poorly concealed reverence - as opposed to the equally poorly concealed contempt and disdain with which you regard Redknapp, etc. Doesn't matter if what's been said has merit - because Redknapp has said it you dismiss it as spitting the dummy out. That's prejudice in action.

Hardship? Yes, you could argue that, in a sense. Having your every spontaneous word analysed and commented on and subjected to censure? Some might call that a restriction of basic civil liberties, in any other walk of life.....

So, just because I think that Redknapp is a con man and a rubbish manager has no baring on my opinion on this farce believe me.

I also think that Ferguson is the best manager in the world, but I think he is a completely mardy baby about not speaking to the BBC too.

As for the fact that every word they speak is analysised....guess what..no one is forcing them to do that job...they all have enough money not to...as they say...if you can't stand the heat...

So, just because I think that Redknapp is a con man and a rubbish manager has no baring on my opinion on this farce believe me.

I also think that Ferguson is the best manager in the world, but I think he is a completely mardy baby about not speaking to the BBC too.

As for the fact that every word they speak is analysised....guess what..no one is forcing them to do that job...they all have enough money not to...as they say...if you can't stand the heat...

I assume that you intended your comments on Mr Redknapp to be suffixed, "alegedly" lest you be struck by any litiginous action....? I'd hate to see another forum closed down by such a scenario....

As you yourself are seemingly so fond of the spontaneous comment given without thought for how it might be interpreted (as above) in much the same way that Harry did, I thought you'd be able to appreciate Redknapp's concerns. Clearly not. Still, the irony is not lost on me....

I assume that you intended your comments on Mr Redknapp to be suffixed, "alegedly" lest you be struck by any litiginous action....? I'd hate to see another forum closed down by such a scenario....

As you yourself are seemingly so fond of the spontaneous comment given without thought for how it might be interpreted (as above) in much the same way that Harry did, I thought you'd be able to appreciate Redknapp's concerns. Clearly not. Still, the irony is not lost on me....

I would have no problem if someone interviewed me 2 minutes after my day at work and asked me how I thought it had gone....what is the difference.

I would have no problem if someone interviewed me 2 minutes after my day at work and asked me how I thought it had gone....what is the difference.

1. You're not forced to do it like the Premier League managers are (apart from your favourite)

2. You're not under threat of punishment from people who are not your employers if you give a response that is "off message"

3. You'd probably think differently about giving the interview if 1. or 2. did apply to you.

1. You're not forced to do it like the Premier League managers are (apart from your favourite)

2. You're not under threat of punishment from people who are not your employers if you give a response that is "off message"

3. You'd probably think differently about giving the interview if 1. or 2. did apply to you.

1. I am forced to do a lot of things at work i would rather not do, but I do, because, it is my job

2. If am not allowed to say anything derogatory about any of he authorities that govern my particular profession, if I did I would be immediately dismissed and face a prison scentence.

3. So....nope, I wouldn't..if it was part of my job, then it's part of my job...if I didn't like it I would get another job....

1. I am forced to do a lot of things at work i would rather not do, but I do, because, it is my job

2. If am not allowed to say anything derogatory about any of he authorities that govern my particular profession, if I did I would be immediately dismissed and face a prison scentence.

3. So....nope, I wouldn't..if it was part of my job, then it's part of my job...if I didn't like it I would get another job....

Sorry Michael, didn't realise you lived in a police state. I thought you moved abroad for a better life?

Sorry Michael, didn't realise you lived in a police state. I thought you moved abroad for a better life?

I work in the aviation industry, which, as I am sure you can appreciate, has to be strictly regulated, especially since, well, you know when. And I moved her for a better life, and love, and I have both thanks.

I work in the aviation industry, which, as I am sure you can appreciate, has to be strictly regulated, especially since, well, you know when. And I moved her for a better life, and love, and I have both thanks.

Good for you, can't fault you there :)

Still doesn't explain why you have to have it in for Harry, but I don't think we'll ever come to an understanding on that, will we...? ;)

Good for you, can't fault you there :)

Still doesn't explain why you have to have it in for Harry, but I don't think we'll ever come to an understanding on that, will we...? ;)

Nope I don't think we will, will have to agree to disagree on that one I think.

I just can't stand all the media bullpoop surrounding him as such a great manager, a wheeler dealer, a great motivator etc etc people forget what a turn coat he was at Portsmouth and Southampton, how he managed to sell all of West Ham's golden generation in one go and how he has been surrounded in financial problems for years. (obviously I think he is completely innocent of all these accusations)

In general, I just don't think he is any good.

(and don't get me started on Jamie "state the obvious" Redknapp)

It could just be me, but I don't sense any great roar from the media proclaiming him as a great manager so I don't get quite the same reaction towards or against him as you do. I do think he could do a job as England manager, a better job than some others who have had the job, if the FA were prepared to let McClaren have a go then why not Redknapp? We'll only ever know how good anyone is if we give them the chance to show it. Same goes for players, but instead we see the same players named in the squad time after time just because of the club they're signed to. For example, SWP should not be in the next England squad, but we all know he will be assuming he's fit. We've got friendly matches coming up, we should be trying different players but there'll be minimal changes to a regular squad apart from enforced changes due to injury and suspension.

Nothing to say about "our Jamie" the pundit, felt sorry for him as a player as he was obviously talented but couldn't stay fit. Happens to lots of players, but they don't all get to marry the pop star wife and make adverts for the Nintendo Wii....

It could just be me, but I don't sense any great roar from the media proclaiming him as a great manager so I don't get quite the same reaction towards or against him as you do. I do think he could do a job as England manager, a better job than some others who have had the job, if the FA were prepared to let McClaren have a go then why not Redknapp? We'll only ever know how good anyone is if we give them the chance to show it. Same goes for players, but instead we see the same players named in the squad time after time just because of the club they're signed to. For example, SWP should not be in the next England squad, but we all know he will be assuming he's fit. We've got friendly matches coming up, we should be trying different players but there'll be minimal changes to a regular squad apart from enforced changes due to injury and suspension.

Nothing to say about "our Jamie" the pundit, felt sorry for him as a player as he was obviously talented but couldn't stay fit. Happens to lots of players, but they don't all get to marry the pop star wife and make adverts for the Nintendo Wii....

I'm not going to turn this into another Capello is better than Redknapp rant, but I think you will find that there will be a lot of changes in the next England freindly squad.

I'm not going to turn this into another Capello is better than Redknapp rant, but I think you will find that there will be a lot of changes in the next England freindly squad.

Not fishing for a rant :)

I hope there are, and I hope some of the new players give the "established" players some food for thought. But it never seems to last, the manager (whoever he is) always reverts to the "trusted" players who collectively and in some cases individually have all failed to deliver.

Harry Redknapp has escaped punishment for describing Manchester United winger Nani's goal on Saturday as "a farce".

The Football Association will take no formal action against the Tottenham boss for his criticism of referee Mark Clattenburg after Spurs' 2-0 defeat.

Redknapp, who has received a warning, had threatened to stop doing post-match interviews if had been sanctioned.

"Don't expect me to come out on the TV any more and speak to the press after the game, because I won't," he said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/9151607.stm

nice win for him tonight, certainly one to tell the grandkids about

got to say, they were good tonight, more chance of me playing for them next season than Bale though, wow, he is class.

Amazing that "good ol 'Arry" came out straight after a win against Inter to talk to the press isn't it..? What a shocker..!

Don't believe the hype 'Arry.

got to say, they were good tonight, more chance of me playing for them next season than Bale though, wow, he is class.

Amazing that "good ol 'Arry" came out straight after a win against Inter to talk to the press isn't it..? What a shocker..!

Don't believe the hype 'Arry.

He did the interview last night because the Premier League have confirmed no action to be taken against him, so no need to carry out his threat not to do interviews.

Respect to you for managing to be positive about the Spurs performance tho'. Must have been very difficult for you ;)

He did the interview last night because the Premier League have confirmed no action to be taken against him, so no need to carry out his threat not to do interviews.

Respect to you for managing to be positive about the Spurs performance tho'. Must have been very difficult for you ;)

He did the interview because he had just beaten Inter, and the no action to be taken was hardly a surprise was it, after the farse surrounding the goal they could hardly punish anyonne could they.?

And...yep...it killed to give them any credit....up until he took over i never had any feelings towards Tottenham, now I have them right up there as teams i love to see lose....it did annoy me last night on the commentary when it kept saying what a massive club they are.....didn't mention anywhere that this year is the 50th, yes 50th anniversary of the last time they won the league..!

The only surprise about the "no action to be taken" decision was that it wasn't in favour of Fergie or Wenger.....

Spurs have never been a massive club, it must have been difficult for you to tell what the commentator was saying if he had his tongue that far into his cheek.....

Now they've let an "ordinary" manager like Redknapp off, they've shown themselves to be almost toothless. Still, as long as they can bully managers like Mick McCarthy, Tony Pulis or Ian Holloway then they'll be able to justify themselves.

Archived