'Arry

David

Harry Redknapp has threatened to never give another post-match TV interview if he is charged by the Football Association.

The Tottenham boss is facing an FA rap for blasting referee Mark Clattenburg’s decision to allow Nani’s goal to stand on Saturday.

Nani’s controversial strike sealed a 2-0 victory for Manchester United over Spurs and led Redknapp to describe the incident as 'one of the worst refereeing decisions ever'.

The FA will decide tomorrow whether to charge the Tottenham manager for his outburst.

But Redknapp has warned: "If they want to make an issue of what I said then I'll make some issues as well - don't worry. Don't expect me to come out on the TV anymore - ever - and speak to the press after a game.

"Otherwise, what chance have we got? If you want me just to come and talk rubbish and say, 'No, it was a good decision, I'm quite happy with it', then don't bother to get me to come out after a game.

“We shouldn't be dragged out onto TV two, three, four minutes after a game. I don't want to go on TV; I'd much rather stay in the dressing room with the players. But when I'm asked a question, I give a truthful answer.

“He made a right mess of it all and that was my answer. I stand by that 100%."

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/2252/3/redknapp-ill-never-do-another-tv-interview-if-fa-punish-me

-----------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure this wouldn't do him any favors with the FA when the England job becomes available.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole refereeing system is a joke to be honest, they aren't accountable for anything. Look at sausagewell for example, makes balls up after balls up and he just 4th officials for a week then he back, being useless. Until they are regulated by somebody independant of themselves, nothing will change.

I fully support 'Arry in this, always respected him thought he was 1 of the few people in footy who talkes sense or the truth at least.

Good shout there saying refs should be regulated by a separate independant body, OfRef might stop all these crap decisions!

In all honesty, on this occasion 'Arry (and his dumb ass goalkeeper) is wrong, and Clattenberg is right. If, as a goalie, you pass the ball to an opposition striker (more or less!), what do you expect him to do with it? Get over it 'Arry, it wasn't the ref that f****d up - it was your team.

In all honesty, on this occasion 'Arry (and his dumb ass goalkeeper) is wrong, and Clattenberg is right. If, as a goalie, you pass the ball to an opposition striker (more or less!), what do you expect him to do with it? Get over it 'Arry, it wasn't the ref that f****d up - it was your team.

agreed

clattenberg is ***** mind, but he did indicate playon,

No, it was a cowardly and pisspoor decision by the ref. He indicated advantage and could easily have disallowed the goal for ungentlemanly conduct or losing the advantage. If it had happened at the other end he would have done.

Having said that, 'Arry not doing his interview would be a blessing, he's one ugly fcuker (and a used car salesman).

Referees are pathetic and cowardly when it comes to refereeing the big teams. Most are afraid to award a decision against Man Utd, especially at Old sausageford. In particular, Mike Riley and his injury time that never ends until Man Utd score an equaliser or a winner. It's shambolic.

Quite right, how many times did the ref have to wave play on before the dingbat actually played on.

The one good thing that might come out of this complete mess is that the used car salesman will spend less time in front of the camera, which has got to be good for football, well, it's good for everything really.!

The whole, "if they make a big deal of it I'm not talking to the press anymore" statement just smacks of a mardy little kid, no one is interested in what you have to say Harry, sit down...and shut up...for everyones sanity.

Quite right, how many times did the ref have to wave play on before the dingbat actually played on.

The one good thing that might come out of this complete mess is that the used car salesman will spend less time in front of the camera, which has got to be good for football, well, it's good for everything really.!

The whole, "if they make a big deal of it I'm not talking to the press anymore" statement just smacks of a mardy little kid, no one is interested in what you have to say Harry, sit down...and shut up...for everyones sanity.

Sorry to disappoint you but he can't spend less time in front of the camera, and he knows it.

Premiership rules introduced this season state that the managers have to make themselves available for interview immediately after the match or face fines or further disciplinary measures. That's what Redknapp was complaining about when he said that managers shouldn't have to be talking to the media 3 or 4 minutes after the match if they're not going to allow them to speak frankly while passions are still running high. Don't you think he's got a point?

Sorry to disappoint you but he can't spend less time in front of the camera, and he knows it.

Premiership rules introduced this season state that the managers have to make themselves available for interview immediately after the match or face fines or further disciplinary measures. That's what Redknapp was complaining about when he said that managers shouldn't have to be talking to the media 3 or 4 minutes after the match if they're not going to allow them to speak frankly while passions are still running high. Don't you think he's got a point?

Nope i don't, if he isn't professional to go and talk to the media (which he completely loves) then he should get another job...maybe go back to selling second hand cars or back down the market with his barrow.

I remember that rule being introduced. TalkSPORT phoned the FA to ask whether it meant that Sir Alex would be forced to talk to the BBC.

The FA refused the interview.

Comedy gold. These are the people running our game.

Harry is spot-on for challenging them. Whatever you think of Clattenburg's decision, what Harry is saying is that he shouldn't be made to face the cameras to be asked his opinion, then censured for giving it.

I remember that rule being introduced. TalkSPORT phoned the FA to ask whether it meant that Sir Alex would be forced to talk to the BBC.

The FA refused the interview.

Comedy gold. These are the people running our game.

Harry is spot-on for challenging them. Whatever you think of Clattenburg's decision, what Harry is saying is that he shouldn't be made to face the cameras to be asked his opinion, then censured for giving it.

Not only that, but Manure are paying the fines incurred by Suralix, so it doesn't even come out of his own pocket when the reason he's refusing the interviews is a personal matter between him and the BBC. Talk about contempt....

I see that blind prejudice is alive and well.....

Blind prejudice...? Why is that...I would say it about any of the managers that are being FORCED to talk to people as part of your job...and who are spitting their little dummies out about it....(ok, maybe I would only use the barrow boy reference for the stinking joke that is "our 'arry)oh the hardship these managers have to endure, who would take that job..?

Archived