Wigan Athletic Players Not Paid (Again)

JfR

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Get what you're saying, but if you force sales to be at market value, you are equally hindering the ability to get money in quickly to stay afloat. If it's either accept £1m and stay in business, or the value to remain at £5m and have no one willing to pay that for the player, then I think they'd want to take the £1m.

It's a valid point, well made, but the compromise could be that a tribunal sets a minimum value that still offers the buyer value, but ensures the seller is not being rumped. I think some aspects of the transfer system and I'd include academy products in this, really need to be looked at. It's too darn easy for the bigger clubs who need financial support least, to run roughshod over those who need it most. 

12 minutes ago, JfR said:

Wouldn't get my hopes up if I was a Wigan fan

Wasn't/isn't this guy employing some dimwits who were/are "gangstas" and trying to buy another club a year or so ago?, If so the EFL will sure give him the green light Disbelief Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, The Last Post said:

Wasn't/isn't this guy employing some dimwits who were/are "gangstas" and trying to buy another club a year or so ago?, If so the EFL will sure give him the green light Disbelief Reaction GIF

33 minutes ago, Srg said:

He's a fraud, Morecambe in limbo and somehow gets his name attached to Wigan, A bit of PR puts him in the limelight, For what reason...vanity/narcissism 

Edited by The Last Post

3 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

The links to crypto are a moot point. This guy has no money. He's like a poundshop version of the madhead who tried to buy us.

Yes but the EFL passed all those who wanted to buy us as fit and proper ! - the last one being due to be jailed if he hasn’t already 

39 minutes ago, David said:

Not paid again...so far...this month, Another 4 points deduction could be on the way, And the EFL have tightened their rules concerning Owners and Directors Test

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/efl-reveals-new-rule-changes-8505940

And yet...he's still mooching around the EFL 🙄

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19819177

Edited by The Last Post

16 hours ago, The Last Post said:

Not paid again...so far...this month, Another 4 points deduction could be on the way, And the EFL have tightened their rules concerning Owners and Directors Test

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/efl-reveals-new-rule-changes-8505940

And yet...he's still mooching around the EFL 🙄

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19819177

I saw a Wigan fan with communication into the club say that -12 has been confirmed. 

When players aren’t paid, surely it makes sense to bring in legislation that allows these players to move on for free - if not unpaid for good reason? It just makes sense and will ensure owners pay players to secure assets. This is obviously in dangerous territory now. They’re hated by the majority of the clubs due to how they spent money last time in League One and apparently rubbed everyone’s face in it, but I feel bad for them - very real possibility they don’t see out the season or even see IN the season.

46 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I saw a Wigan fan with communication into the club say that -12 has been confirmed. 

When players aren’t paid, surely it makes sense to bring in legislation that allows these players to move on for free - if not unpaid for good reason? It just makes sense and will ensure owners pay players to secure assets. This is obviously in dangerous territory now. They’re hated by the majority of the clubs due to how they spent money last time in League One and apparently rubbed everyone’s face in it, but I feel bad for them - very real possibility they don’t see out the season or even see IN the season.

I thought they stopped paying players with contracts expiring this month, but were continuing to pay those under contract. So any legislation (some is already in place) wouldn't make a difference.