Alton Towers

MrsRam

I am going on Wednesday for the Scarefest (The Halloween special for people that dont know) the park is open from 9:00am-9:00pm, and IMO I think it is amazing, I have been to the scarefest the last 2 years, and I will continue to go as it is so much fun and the Scare attractions are very good

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope you enjoy it Rams man, it should be great. I've never seen Alton Towers by night, we've always gone in the summer, it must all be lit up where the towers are?

I blooming hate Alton Towers,full of kids and chavs

No it isn't, I go all the time...

Love it myself. Always good for a day out in the holidays, just has those rides and has that atmosphere that not many other theme parks in the country have. Drayton Manor is ok and Blackpool Pleasure Beach is actually bloody good, but for me AT wins out

For me going to Alton Towers and buying a one day ticket isn't worth it as in reality you will only go on a handful of rides if you don't read the queues/crowds very well.

What a few friends and myself have done for the last few years is to each buy a annual pass for around £70, with that you can get in a hour early which is more than enough to get all the 'big' rides done. So when the park officially opens to the day ticket crowd there is a rush for the 'big' rides so we then go on the 'not so big but quite big' rides.

A quick tip for a group of friends - If you want to go on Nemesis and the queue is huge, instead of queueing normally go to near the ride exit and you'll find the 'single riders' entrance. You will have to ride alone but you get on the ride usually within 2 minutes.

I agree Wilko - Alton Towers is the best theme park around for variety of rides for the whole family but I wouldn't pay 30 odd quid a couple times a year each. I'd much sooner buy a annual pass, but don't get a 'Merlin' annual pass as the probabilty that you will go to all the other attractions is rather low. It may seem a good idea at first but you have to think about how many times you'll actualy go to say Thorpe Park, London Eye and Legoland Winsor when you have Alton Towers on your doorstep....

single riders quee is the best, i tend to go when there are special offers on the net, cant argue with that.

i like alton towers much better than drayton manor and other theme parks in britain, possibe bar blackpool, which is a bit crap but brilliant at the same tiome

american adventure was the **** when i was younger lol :D

I agree, that log flume p*ssed over everything. Can't believe it shut down. Went for a day out with the family, only to learn that Missile, the log flume and the Rapids had all been shut down and were being sold, with the park being in massive debts or something. The only decent ride left was the double-looper which was a bit boring, and they'd got rid of the go-karts :(

I remember a time when a trip to markeaton park was a thrill. The motorised cars and boats on the "SS Marketon" lake. Never realised the boat was a nazi?

The old carts anorl, not these new ones. And the crazy golf wasn't wrecked.

The Donkies! oh yes. Do you know what they had for dinner?

15 minutes.

I remember a time when a trip to markeaton park was a thrill. The motorised cars and boats on the "SS Marketon" lake. Never realised the boat was a nazi?

The old carts anorl, not these new ones. And the crazy golf wasn't wrecked.

The Donkies! oh yes. Do you know what they had for dinner?

15 minutes.

brings tears to me eyes.....;)

Archived