Club Finances

Poynton ram

When are we due to file accounts and what period will these cover? Will be interested to see how revenue has held up mindful there are suggestions that the EFL will review the businessplan in the summer. Would imagine based on ticket sales we are ahead of plan. Any talk of shirt sponsors for next season?

27 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

When are we due to file accounts and what period will these cover? Will be interested to see how revenue has held up mindful there are suggestions that the EFL will review the businessplan in the summer. Would imagine based on ticket sales we are ahead of plan. Any talk of shirt sponsors for next season?

I don’t think there will be anything submitted to companies house (and therefore visible to all and sundry) until June 2023 at the very earliest (it depends on when the new company has set it’s reporting period to end) as the new company Derby County (The Rams) Ltd was only incorporated in June 2022.

That’s my understanding anyway and I could well be completely wrong.

My guess is that the club will be submitting regular management accounts to the EFL that may or may not lead to a review of the business plan.

In short, I wouldn’t hold your breath for any publicly available information.

Taken from EFL...

... provided that in either case the accounts are prepared to an accounting reference date (as defined in section 391 of the 2006 Act) which falls between 31 May and 31 July inclusive. If the accounting reference date falls at any other time, separate accounts for the Club or the Group as appropriate must be prepared for a period of twelve months ending on a date between 31 May and 31 July inclusive, and in such a case “Annual Accounts” means those accounts.

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

Taken from EFL...

... provided that in either case the accounts are prepared to an accounting reference date (as defined in section 391 of the 2006 Act) which falls between 31 May and 31 July inclusive. If the accounting reference date falls at any other time, separate accounts for the Club or the Group as appropriate must be prepared for a period of twelve months ending on a date between 31 May and 31 July inclusive, and in such a case “Annual Accounts” means those accounts.

Do you think that any such accounts prepared as a result of rule (I.e. where the accounting reference falls at any other time) are for the EFL’s eyes/purposes only? I honestly don’t know.

52 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Do you think that any such accounts prepared as a result of rule (I.e. where the accounting reference falls at any other time) are for the EFL’s eyes/purposes only? I honestly don’t know.

I may be wrong, it happened before with my first marriage 😉 ,  but I take it to be "when your financial year makes it impossible to submit those accounts, you create a "2nd set" to cover the EFL's "summer to summer" period. So one set of accounts running from/to the date the company started and another running June/July to June/July for the EFL.

45 minutes ago, angieram said:

I would have thought with David Clowes taking over the club on 1st July that this will fit quite well with the EFL's accounting period.

Logically, you'd have thought so. It will all depend on when they decided to have the company year start/end for tax purposes. Will they start with Jan to Jan (starting with a 6 month "year" or stick to the Tax year, beginning April 1st or do summer to summer?