Random YouTube highlights of the Day

sage

1 hour ago, sage said:

Coming from behind

A great come back but my indelible memory of this game stood on the Popside is Keegan ( not long after Steve Powell nutted him ) coming to the touch line when Newcastle had a throw in. screaming at someone to give him the ball and some guy did a gob that went straight in Keegan’s  mouth ?

On 25/01/2023 at 10:55, sage said:

Coming from behind

Wow, I have not seen the goals since I was at the game, sat in the B stand with my dad.  I never realised it had been filmed.  Definitely up there as one of the best games and atmosphere I have experienced.  Just remember all four sides of the ground creating a crescendo of noise as Archie completed the come back.  A real bright spot in quite a dark period for the club.

23 minutes ago, sage said:

I've only watched that occasionally. Fascinating to see. I have this obsession with hat wearing in the past (why?) and here we hear "all the Derby hats in the air" or some such. Was this why Queen Elizabeth opened Pride Park? Because she remembered her first post-war Cup Final? Would settle for a repeat this year.

On 11/01/2023 at 11:48, Hans Datdo-Dishes said:

That Goddard goal...one of my all-time favourites. Never tire of seeing it.

Me too..best partnership I've ever seen for us IMO Saunders and Goddard  just worked so well and I was gutted when we sold Goddard.

A few other gems in that team who were underrated by some Gary Micklewhite and Geraint Williams were very good players for us and rarely had bad games ...great memories

Edited by S8TY

On 11/01/2023 at 09:32, sage said:

I met Steve Bruce a few years after this, he was great mates with a luxury car showroom owner, I was the postman. I did explain Deano had him on toast that day, he was with his wife so his answer wasn’t too unsavoury