God, I hate football!

Loughborough Ram

2 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

My pet hate at the minute.

Goalkeepers catching a simple ball and falling to the ground. 

Pickford seemed to start it and constantly does it. Almost every keeper in the UK has followed suit. 

Poom did it all the time.

Great when you are winning, horrible when the opposition does it and you are chasing a goal.

Officials, TV(I've cancelled my Sky Sports), Added time(not injury time)VAR, Corruption, Manipulating officials by players/managers, Feigning injury, Cheating...a word that has been airbrushed from todays game, Substitutes that will enhance the richer clubs with a squad full of internationals, The price of a replica kit and more...and yet the Premier League sell their rights world wide to become a money monster.

Do I hate football...no, The game I once loved has become over time a toy for the Billionaires, Oil rich Countries and those who would see an opportunity for themselves to make money.

It's not fun anymore I'm sad to say for me ☹️ 

Stupid rule that means a player injured in a foul, then has to go off the pitch, effectively punishing the side the foul was committed against.  Or even like it was yesterday, when your boot gets broken or needs replacing… ridiculous.

On 29/12/2022 at 12:48, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Don't see a problem with this at all. The foul throw rule is just pedantic most of the time. What's the actual problem if a player doesn't extend the ball all the way over his head before throwing it?

Throw ins, majority are legal, just some look untidy/messy/wrong (incorrect interpretation of law by fans).

Ball starts behind the head, thrown over the head, facing the field of play, feet on or outside the line.

Nothing about the point of release, nothing about HOW FAR behind the head.

If it looks like a foul throw, it usually isn't.

It's more 'what football expects'.

The main foul throws are for a foot off the floor or a 'drop/spike', where the ball is dropped in front of the thrower, not thrown. 

Even a very short throw is usually legal, contrary to what fans believe.

On 31/12/2022 at 22:59, Wazztie16 said:

Throw ins, majority are legal, just some look untidy/messy/wrong (incorrect interpretation of law by fans).

Ball starts behind the head, thrown over the head, facing the field of play, feet on or outside the line.

Nothing about the point of release, nothing about HOW FAR behind the head.

If it looks like a foul throw, it usually isn't.

It's more 'what football expects'.

The main foul throws are for a foot off the floor or a 'drop/spike', where the ball is dropped in front of the thrower, not thrown. 

Even a very short throw is usually legal, contrary to what fans believe.

‘From behind and over the head’ ….. this is where officials are failing time and time again. Watch any game and so many throw ins are definitely not releasing ball from ‘behind’ the head.

Soccer Throw In GIF by Dream Team FC

On 29/12/2022 at 22:59, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Unpopular maybe but personally I can't abide Steve Bloomers watching.  It's feckin dire.

And that dreadful doggerel masquerading as poetry - We Are Derby. It just makes me cringe. 

On 04/01/2023 at 11:07, SKRam said:

‘From behind and over the head’ ….. this is where officials are failing time and time again. Watch any game and so many throw ins are definitely not releasing ball from ‘behind’ the head.

Soccer Throw In GIF by Dream Team FC

I'm not sure what you're getting at, there's no need to release the ball from behind the head.

15 minutes ago, Wazztie16 said:

I'm not sure what you're getting at, there's no need to release the ball from behind the head.

My interpretation is that thrown in, forward of the head, is illegal. Clearly isn’t being enforced as it’s happening all the time. I was taught to ‘release the ball from behind the head’ as a youngster.