Hucknall Town

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Kendal Town back to winning ways, beating Worksop Town 2-1 after being 1-0 down at H/T.

Play-offs still on.

Used to go to to most home games a few years back, until they moved to play at Halifax' ground or summat, and then the mighty Rams took over my Saturdays :D

Now they play at Retford...

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15296292.stm

Former Nottingham Forest defender Des Lyttle has been appointed manager of Hucknall Town.

The Northern Premier Division club have been bought by local businessman Steve Greaves and former Notts County full-back Michael Johnson.

Lyttle told BBC Radio Nottingham: "I'm delighted to be back in football management and to be given this chance.

"Hucknall have been a big name in Conference North in the past. Hopefully there are better times ahead."

New chairman Greaves was involved at Lyttle's former club Tamworth and says the club have ambitions which include rebuilding a stadium fit for Blue Square Bet Premier football.

Greaves said: "When I was at Tamworth, Des played and became manager, so he brings a wealth of experience with him. There's commitment from all of us - the committee and fans - so everyone wants to move the club forward.

"The club is a secret success within Hucknall. It's come from the local colliery team and has been the focal point of the community, so we've got to try to reinstate that.

"Our aim is to bring the folk of Hucknall back into their club. We're just the custodians - it's their club and every fan has an important stake.

"We will be completely transparent with the fans but that is a two-way process and we need the community to take part."

Archived