Ryan Noble - Sunderland

vicky-27

Often the same stories too! It is amazing how one bulls*it story can appear all over the place is re-hash form

It's like that at this time of year. The journalists, just like us, are absolutely bereft of any kind of proper football news (as there isn't any really and no matches to discuss) other than transfers or moreover rumours of transfers. It's quite understandable how they pick up on any old rubbish and print / broadcast it. I find it great fun to witness and used to love trying to start up rumours on rival fans' sites to see if they would be picked up by journos - can't be arsed this year as you need to put the spadework in by posting over a period of time so as not be accused of being a WUM.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
totally agree

I agree too. Its always good to have a good young'n come through the ranks. To my mind, Callum looks to be a different type of forward to what we've been buying so could/should find his niche.

Sadly it is looking less and less likely that youngsters will be given a chance- home grown players have been pushed further down the pecking order by signing players for the development squad from elsewhere. Now we are at the point where players we have signed for development squad are not getting a look in because the americans have suddenly found their wallets and signed players who are probably good enough already.

I don't really see it that way - the two academy lads looking most likely to break through are Hendrick and Ball, and we don't have that many genuine centre forwards and we don't have that many central midfielders. Assuming we are playing a 4231, or similar, Hendrick has only got Bailey and whoever else we sign as real competition, plus the likes of Green and Bryson that can play there. Likewise, Ball has only got Steve Davies and whoever else we sign as potential lone strikers, with possibly Tyson and Robinson as well, although I don't see either of these as lone strikers. Neither of then have that many bodies ahead of them in the queue.

Archived