Derby County v Coventry City

David

To be honest I've never heard of the guy, let alone seen him play. I've read a few comments about him today over on the DET forum, saying he's a one chance one goal kinda striker, hopefully thats true as we could of done with him on the pitch today. I like Hulse upfront although I just don't see him being a 20+ goals a season striker, hopefully this Porter guy will be.

Not sure where this leaves Ellington tho, can't see him being happy sat on the bench.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

being a 'part-time' motherwell fan i'd like to think i know abit about Porter. He is a fantastic finisher, but he is alot like rooney and heskey in that he does alot of work for the team aswell. He will get assists and he will get goals, he is the kind of player i need.

Hoping he gets an early goal for us so he doesn't have the whole "When will he score" thing that has ruined some good strikers for us.

Just been reading he lacks abit of pace and can look clumsy at times, I just hope we don't try and hoof it up again now we have 2 6ft+ strikers. Need to get the ball on the ground to Commons and Barazite whipping balls into em.

Motherwell is a strange 2nd team to be looking out for, family connections?

Archived