David McGoldrick - joined Notts County

Ambitious

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Super if true ?

Because it’s a “blow to Middlesbrough” if no other reason ? although I still have nightmares about being chuffed we’d pipped one of the Sheffield teams (I think) for the signing of Blackman.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Because it’s a “blow to Middlesbrough” if no other reason ? although I still have nightmares about being chuffed we’d pipped one of the Sheffield teams (I think) for the signing of Blackman.

No I rate him…

I think he only made around 20 appearances for the Blades last season and I would suspect he'd not get more game time at Boro, who will be in the promotion mix too. That may point to Wilder knowing he's 'good for the dressing room' from his Sheff Utd days and, if so, that is just the guy we need - as long as he's fit enough to actually play too!

Edited by StarterForTen

14 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

We got played in that Blackman situation 

6 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Is it embarrassing to sue a club for outcompeting you for players, when that club is in a lower league than you, and under a heavy spending restriction? Asking for a friend…

No - just report it to the EFL, they'll consult with Gibson and ask him if he wants us to apply a points deduction and if so how many would he like.

8 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

McGoldrick would be an excellent signing, as good if not better than Hourihane for me 

He will be good but better than hourihane? Hourihane scored 13 in one season which is only 3 less than mcgoldricks best year from midfield so I can't see David being prolific enough to warrant being a better signing than Connor? Would be real happy with both though 

14 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

He will be good but better than hourihane? Hourihane scored 13 in one season which is only 3 less than mcgoldricks best year from midfield so I can't see David being prolific enough to warrant being a better signing than Connor? Would be real happy with both though 

McGoldrick is a team player up the top end of the pitch whos gonna be involved directly, or indirectly, in goals and chances. A player who can hold up the ball and lay in others in league 1 is vital. Hourihane is great, but McGoldrick could actually start bringing shape and a culture to our side.

Edited by TuffLuff

12 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

It’s the hold up play, and his ability to link up with on-running midfielders, that makes McGoldrick so good.

I like to think Chris Wilder has a good eye for a player at this level, and he obviously rates him. 

Just now, rammieib said:

I’m personally disappointed in this one unless we get a goal scorer in the team. I’m just concerned, albeit early days, where our goals will Come from.

Barkhusien scores and will replace Lawrences goals but another goal snatcher like a 'Bobby Davison' is key. 

I know fans are worried about where goals will come from as we didnt score anywhere near enough last season. But we need to remember the drop in level, us fans may not realise how big a drop it is but you see alot of players who arent prolific in the Champ but score for fun in League 1, someone like Grigg for example, even Marriott can be included.