Academy thread 22/23

RoyMac5

2 hours ago, angieram said:

Is Max Bardell injured too? Is he still ours, Stu?

Max Bardell was definitely on the EFL Retained List and he’s still listed on the U21 Profies page on the official site (the first team, U21 and U18 profiles were updated towards the end of last week with players that had left). Buchanan and Byrne still remain, but I think that’s for legal reasons like when Keogh’s profile stayed up for ages after he’d gone.

I assumed Bardell was injured as surely starting a trialist at RB against Bradford City, then using Darren Robinson out of possession in the second half, surely Bardell would’ve featured if he was fit?

46 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Do the U21s have any more pre season local fixtures? 

I think they have Mickleover Sports next Tuesday evening. 

3 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Looking at the under 21 and under 18 squads we are still light on numbers only 14 in the under 21s including 2 goalkeepers and including Bobby Duncan. The Under 18s have only 10 players listed.

I have the U21s down as a 16 man squad (including Rooney but excluding Duncan) and 20 in the U18s once 1st year scholars are announced.

U18s filter up into the U21s when needed, U16s into the U18s... like we've had for the past few seasons.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I have the U21s down as a 16 man squad (including Rooney but excluding Duncan) and 20 in the U18s once 1st year scholars are announced.

U18s filter up into the U21s when needed, U16s into the U18s... like we've had for the past few seasons.

I understand that, just going of the official listing. Has Rooney signed a contract, not seen that, but believe you if it’s true.

4 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I understand that, just going of the official listing. Has Rooney signed a contract, not seen that, but believe you if it’s true.

As with the likes of Forsyth and Glover, I imagine it's only a matter of time before he signs.

OS lists Foulkes as a part of the U21 squad, but I'd class him as first team. Evans, DRobinson and Richards will be U21s rather than U18s as they're listed