Academy thread 22/23

RoyMac5

6 minutes ago, ExiledinDerby said:

Sorry yes playing Belper at Mickleover.. Team will be mostly the same I believe though. Maybe a couple more of the u21s who need some time in their legs but it will be a young team. 

Are you going?

3 hours ago, ExiledinDerby said:

It was a mix of second and first years with a couple of u16s covering where there are injuries. Most of the established u21s were with the first team. Will probably be the same again against Mickleover. 

With 1st team: Grewal-Pollard, Rooney, DRobinson, Aghatise, Richards

Leaving the following to pick from for the joint U21/18 squad.

U21s: Roberts, Evans, Brailsford, Bardell, Solomon, Kelly, Ibrahim, Clarke, CDixon
U18s (Y2): Moore, Aideyan, Moloney, Sebagabo, Fapetu, Nicholas-Davies, ZDixon
U18s (Y1): JThompson, Quarm, Cox, KRobinson, Gough, Hawkins, Houston, Wheeldon, Bates, Berry, Davidson, DBrown

Just guessing with the 1st year scholars since we haven't had an announcement yet.

Roberts is injured as is the new first year GK, Moloney coming back from injury as well. I think it starts with as many as fit from u21 squad with the rest plugging the gaps….

1 hour ago, ExiledinDerby said:

Roberts is injured as is the new first year GK, Moloney coming back from injury as well. I think it starts with as many as fit from u21 squad with the rest plugging the gaps….

The other first year keeper being Price? I thought he was only stepping up to the U16s this year.

George Nunn on a 2 year deal, ex Chelsea
Foulkes, Dixon and Aghatise on 1 year deals
Grewal-Pollard, Solomon and Cybulski 1 year extensions triggered.
Alife Roberts, Olamide Ibrahim, Rhys Brailsford and Cian Kelly Caprani step up to the u21s.

Seems weird seeing u21s again, after it being u23s for a while!
Edited by Animal is a Ram

1 minute ago, Jubbs said:

Great news

Good that there are some additions and extensions going on with the youth. Like the fact George Nunn has joined us when allegedly Southampton were in for him as well, shows the academy and the pathways to the first team still have some pull. Hopefully we can add a few more from prem academy’s 

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The other first year keeper being Price? I thought he was only stepping up to the U16s this year.

No lad released from Fulham I think at end of last year. 

Jack Thompson and price are the two u16 keepers this season however Jack Thompson appears to be with the 18s and 21s, he played for the 21’s again tonight vs belper and played very well I thought. 
roberts is now u21 with evans being a second year scholar and the lad from Fulham being the first year 

Evans had loading issues after training again this morning so could only play 70. First year will play u18s this year with Thompson covering from u16s as they play at the same time. Evans will be u21 squad and potentially will hold the shirt going into the season. Derby are blessed with a strong GK department that is without doubt in my opinion. Be interesting to see if Foulkes will be no. 2 this year and what will happen with Roberts after he comes back from injury as Evans was keeping them both out at the end of last season. 

5 minutes ago, MorleyRam said:

Jack Thompson and price are the two u16 keepers this season however Jack Thompson appears to be with the 18s and 21s, he played for the 21’s again tonight vs belper and played very well I thought. 
roberts is now u21 with evans being a second year scholar and the lad from Fulham being the first year 

Good info. I thought Thompson was going to be a first year scholar this year, but that only makes it even more impressive with how well he's doing.

I'm expecting Evans to be first choice for the U21s, Roberts as sub. Thompson 1st choice for U18s, and the Fulham keeper as sub. For the first half of the season at least. 

I’m not sure I’ve got all these correct, but vs Belper United tonight I reckon:

(Right to left)

First half:

1. Harry Evans

2. ? (Luke) ? -  5. Jake Rooney [c] -  6. Harrison Solomon - 3. Will Grewal-Pollard

8. Cian Kelly Caprani - 4. Jack Bates - 10. Olamide Ibrahim

7. Carlos Richards - 9. ? (Owen) ? - 11. ??

Second half (majority came on midway through the second-half, Rhys Brailsford for Harrison Solomon was the only change at HT:

13. Jack Thompson

18. Rhys Brailsford - 16. Nelson Aideyan - 15. Keilen Robinson - 17 ? (Demi) ?

22. Adebayu Fapetu - 19. Harry Hawkins - 20 ??

25. Jaydan Davidson - 23. Zion Dixon - 24. Reece Nicholas-Davies

Callum Moore was warming up with the team pre-match but didn’t play.

Riley Moloney was sitting in the stand, as was Sam Sebagabo with his left foot and lower leg in a protective boot.

Edited by Stuniverse

11 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

I’m not sure I’ve got all these correct, but vs Belper United tonight I reckon:…

Callum Moore was warming up with the team pre-match but didn’t play.

Riley Moloney was sitting in the stand, as was Sam Sebagabo with his left foot and lower leg in a protective boot.

Any sign of CJ Clarke, think he’s injured?

13 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wild guesses (and ignoring the names you guess at):

2 = Cox

9 = Dajaune Brown

11 = Nunn

17 = Gough

20 = Wheeldon

No idea who any of them are, only that 11 wasn't Nunn. (I appreciate you said wild guesses, as you probably weren't at the game).

As an aside: Solomon got taken off at half time I think because of the mistake for the goal, they had him running pitch lengths when the team came back out. ?

Also: @Stuniversesee you get about a bit as well. ? (I'm ben_champ from SI forums)

8 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Yes, sadly. I’m sure I saw a photo on here, taken from his Instagram early June, where he had his right foot / lower leg in a protective boot. It may well have been in last season’s Academy Thread.

Is Max Bardell injured too? Is he still ours, Stu?