Notts Forest Playtime

REDCAR

Just now, Augustus said:

Both, if you like.

We're literally swimming with cash now...

Might throw you a few pennies this summer for a few young players you have. Doing our bit to help you lot keep the lights on.

I remember when we got promoted and our then chairman said "We will take the Premier League by a storm, we are not there to make the numbers up"!!.

Yeah, chairman talk a load ashite.

Good luck with that.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

I remember when we got promoted and our then chairman said "We will take the Premier League by a storm, we are not there to make the numbers up"!!.

Yeah, chairman talk a load ashite.

Good luck with that.

Yeah I certainly won't be accepting us as established Premier league. Massive, massive task to get competitive and stay up.

We've been linked with every man and his dog as agents are looking at our situation and going mad with excitement but it's mostly just paper talk I'm sure. Cooper and the team have shown so far that they're very good at keeping things under wraps until the last moment and signings usually come out of nowhere.

1 minute ago, Augustus said:

Yeah I certainly won't be accepting us as established Premier league. Massive, massive task to get competitive and stay up.

We've been linked with every man and his dog as agents are looking at our situation and going mad with excitement but it's mostly just paper talk I'm sure. Cooper and the team have shown so far that they're very good at keeping things under wraps until the last moment and signings usually come out of nowhere.

rivalries aside. Good investments and you have a good chance. As long as you don't do the Fulham scattergun approach of couple seasons ago! I always think better spending £60m on 3-4 solid players than £150m on 10 potentially good players and ending up with a disjointed team.

Organised and well-coached promoted teams have proven able to stay up comfortably in recent years. It's the basket-cases that have no clear plan or identity that struggle.

I have no idea who will come down. Can Brentford survive second season syndrome? Will Leeds sort themselves out? Will Southampton continue their implosion. You have a decent chance of survival IMO.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

rivalries aside. Good investments and you have a good chance. As long as you don't do the Fulham scattergun approach of couple seasons ago! I always think better spending £60m on 3-4 solid players than £150m on 10 potentially good players and ending up with a disjointed team.

Organised and well-coached promoted teams have proven able to stay up comfortably in recent years. It's the basket-cases that have no clear plan or identity that struggle.

I have no idea who will come down. Can Brentford survive second season syndrome? Will Leeds sort themselves out? Will Southampton continue their implosion. You have a decent chance of survival IMO.

Bias aside, I think they have very little chance of survival. They aren’t as good as Fulham, while not one of their players would get into Southampton’s starting XI who they must view as a potential team to overtake.

I think their only battle this season will be with Bournemouth and who finishes bottom.

6 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Bias aside, I think they have very little chance of survival. They aren’t as good as Fulham, while not one of their players would get into Southampton’s starting XI who they must view as a potential team to overtake.

I think their only battle this season will be with Bournemouth and who finishes bottom.

We can agree to disagree. A lot rides on how they replace the players they didn’t own. But the performances against strong PL sides in the cup shows me they can compete. I imagine you’d have said same about Brentford last season. They proved that a team full of individual talent loses against individuals in a team. 

as a disclaimer, they’re gonna be in the relegation mix, they could however get lucky if another team goes full basket case mode. 

As for Fulham, they have several proven PL flops. Will struggle. 

11 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

If the season was to start tomorrow I would agree. Impossible to say though how we'll do though at this point before a single player has walked through the door.

9 hours ago, Augustus said:

Nobody sensible would suggest 50k.
I think if the capacity was 40k we'd sell out more often than not though in the top flight, or at least be regularly hitting 37k+.

One things for sure, what we have at the moment isnt enough.

It’s hard to disagree with that, away attendance alone would account for almost 5k with the right setup, its just if you come down and did a Stoke for example, that would be an empty ground to be playing in.

Nothing wrong with being ambitious, personally I would wait and see what happens this season before any construction plans are put in place as the City Ground is plenty big enough for the Championship. 

9 hours ago, Augustus said:

I think if the capacity was 40k we'd sell out more often than not though in the top flight, or at least be regularly hitting 37k+.

That’s going to be a big old stadium for league 1 after a back to back relegation. 

10 hours ago, Augustus said:

Righto

The second watershed was the sale of Oliver Burke earlier this year. The teenager had inspired three home wins in August alone and there was a small flicker of hope. The sale of Burke extinguished not only any hope for the season, but also all remaining support for the ownership. Without hope, the gates began to fall once again – down to 15,864 against Preston just recently – the worst attendance since the League One days.

A long-standing (and now former) season ticket holder told me that he had accepted that Forest had become a mere feeder club. He complained that any quality player would be quickly snapped up by richer teams after a handful of games. I could completely see his point and there’s no doubt that the sales of Burke and Michail Antonio must’ve persuaded many other fans to reassess their priorities if even the ownership was lacking ambition.

8 hours ago, Augustus said:

Attendances in the last few years have been very good, particularly when we all pay for our tickets and don't get them free with phone contracts, or local schools and businesses (Toyota) being given 1000s of freebies. ?

Do you still have 23 year old students paying more for a pint than a match ticket you wumming saddo

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Righto

The second watershed was the sale of Oliver Burke earlier this year. The teenager had inspired three home wins in August alone and there was a small flicker of hope. The sale of Burke extinguished not only any hope for the season, but also all remaining support for the ownership. Without hope, the gates began to fall once again – down to 15,864 against Preston just recently – the worst attendance since the League One days.

A long-standing (and now former) season ticket holder told me that he had accepted that Forest had become a mere feeder club. He complained that any quality player would be quickly snapped up by richer teams after a handful of games. I could completely see his point and there’s no doubt that the sales of Burke and Michail Antonio must’ve persuaded many other fans to reassess their priorities if even the ownership was lacking ambition.

?

So because 6 years ago when the fan's patience had been finally worn we got under 16k it means we couldn't easily surpass 30k now? Brilliant.

Lots can happen in 6 years, Derby of all clubs should know that..

Genuine question now:

Who will finish higher in their respective league, Derby or Forest?

We'll struggle I'm sure and I'd rip your arm off now for 17th, so will Derby finish higher than 17th?*

*in League One obviously, doesnt count if you're put down into the Vanarama North and rip it up.

3 hours ago, Augustus said:

?

So because 6 years ago when the fan's patience had been finally worn we got under 16k it means we couldn't easily surpass 30k now? Brilliant.

Lots can happen in 6 years, Derby of all clubs should know that..

Worn out after selling a player.  Good luck with those 50,000 seats.