DCFC academy trials.

Dangerous

Derby or Darren wassells soccerstars ( whichever way you want to look at it) are jolding trials for the stars of tomorrow again.This is all well and good if you are either

a/ striker

b/attacking midfielder

c/ goalkeeper.

Two of my players went to these trials last year.Both of them very good defenders,and they were told to play forward roles like the rest.

This is a money spinner for wassell.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He runs Soccerstars.That is his company.Clough got Derby County football in the community out of moor farm.They still run a good coaching unit through out of school etc.Very similar to soccerstars.Wassell has been put in full charge of Derbys academy,plus various sattelite centres which are paid for by the parent.These centres are in Derbys name but soccerstars related.It is very complicated really but having worked with kids for over 2 years now it has become evident that the best players are at the academy proper.The rest are encouraged to play at Derbys other academy schools,run by Soccerstars.

My lad loves playing football.Its all he wants to do.But he is under no illusions.He is just happy playing for my team.If Derby asked he would love to go,but id never push him.He is a blooming good defensive midfielder but I would doubt he would ever make it.

Unfortunately there are too many parents who put their kids football in front of education etc.******.

Archived