end of the prem by 2012?

derbydan

FOOTBALL’S most powerful clubs are hatching plans for a European Super League which could destroy the Premier League.

Anxious Premier League officials are aware of the proposals and monitoring developments.

The Euro revolution would see the creation of three divisions  each with 20 teams.

Our Big Four  Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal  would be in the top division, forced to play 38 European games alone.

That would rule out any chance of them competing in the Premier League as well and would therefore spell the end of English football as we know it.

Premier chief executive Richard Scudamore has been alerted and would fiercely resist any moves to either abolish the Premier or reduce its size to accommodate extra European fixtures.

But that resistance could force English competitors in a European League to withdraw from the Premier League altogether.

I don't think this would ever work and would destroy the english game

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has been talked about for years and keeps cropping every so often.

I just don't clubs leaving to join a super league, the clubs must realise fans won't be able to afford to fly to Barcelona one weekend for a league game then Milan the next week. Look at the reaction to playing the 39th game abroad, that went down like a lead balloon and this won't be to far behind.

Originally posted by David;5993

This has been talked about for years and keeps cropping every so often.

I just don't clubs leaving to join a super league, the clubs must realise fans won't be able to afford to fly to Barcelona one weekend for a league game then Milan the next week. Look at the reaction to playing the 39th game abroad, that went down like a lead balloon and this won't be to far behind.

Where do Celtic and Rangers fit into all this....:eek:

You know TBQH, is it not time those two were introduced into the Premier....Swansea and Cardiff are in our leagues.

Originally posted by PearTree Ram;6012

Where do Celtic and Rangers fit into all this....:eek:

You know TBQH, is it not time those two were introduced into the Premier....Swansea and Cardiff are in our leagues.

They said superleague....imo Rangers and Celtic would struggle against the likes of boro'....

Originally posted by Boyciniho;6075

Get rid of the top 4 into europe and all the plastic fans.

Our top league would then be fantastic again.

Will those fans follow them into Europe too....probably start whinging about not being able to see them enough...only hardcore will follow.

The English game is being destroyed by these teams. If they break away, this may make the league better again. Making rid of these dominating teams from the 92 will give the other 88 teams a chance.

Time to make it back the way it was, without the prawn and bread munchers.

F.A English Division 1 - 22 teams.

(formerly The Premier League)

F.A English Division 2 - 22 teams

(formerly The Championship)

F.A English Division 3 - 22 teams

(formerly League One)

F.A English Division 4 - 22 teams

(formerly League Two)

The Ford Barclays Mega Super Euro PlayStation SuperGas Fuel Carbon Sonic Plutonium League would look like this,

Manchester United

Arsenal

Chelsea

Liverpool

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Valencia

Villareal

AC Milan

Inter

Juventus

Roma

Monaco

Lyon

Porto

Benfica

Celtic

Rangers

Bayern Munich

Stuttgart

The only people interested would be Europeans, Chinese people, Prawn munchers and Cockney bandwagoners.

The rest can get back to real English league football.

I don't actually believe it would be better without Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea Liverpool yes they dominate the top of the Premiership but to break into the top 4 is every fans dream.

Villa have come close this season I don't think they will break in this season but they are not far behind, Everton are another team that are getting closer so it can be done.

If the top 4 left we wouldnt get to see the likes of Gerrard, Torres, Ronaldo and other world class players at Pride Park, plus no more trips to Anfield or Old Trafford.

The TV money will follow the 4 clubs into the Super League leaving no money for the Premiership, Championship etc. this will have a knock on effect on the players clubs can sign.

I honestly think this would be bad for the English game.

I've become to dislike Hughes for staying at Man City now, it's obvious he has little control over who the club sign and want to sign.

Kaka, Villa, Fabregas, Terry, Berbatov Torres, Gerrard all names linked with a move to Man City recently, the owners just want to make big name signings and don't give two hoots if they fit in with Hughes tactics.

Hughes needs to walk in my opinion like Curbs did at West Ham.

As a football fan I feel so alienated from the Premiership as it has been astonishingly polarised into two leagues; one four team league battling for the title and another league of 16 teams to make it look like a league. I am disillusioned and if Villa can't break in to the top four soon, I will lose hope.

The likes of Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal dominating English football is most of what I've seen as a young football fan.

These teams are in a class of their own and the league would be much more competitive if they broke away. I don't care about 'world-class' players because I want a league that everyone can win.

Archived