The Administration Thread

Boycie

26 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

Fine, but most could not justify expense with no guarantee of any games.  You would never get your money back in liquidation.  

I see EFL as a bit of a scapegoat.  I think they're an easy target, but in tough position - and do have to make difficuly choices.

We know Q had someone lined up a PB.  We don't know who... Could have been CK.  

You’ve done some great posts over the last couple of days, I think you have hit the nail on the head succinctly and accurately. Welcome BTW. ?

As to the EFL, we differ. Whilst Mel shoulders the greatest responsibility for Derby’s debts I don’t see the EFL as a scapegoat. Quite the reverse. They have behaved appallingly for the last 2 years. Riven with self interest and pressure groups, cowardly over Borough and Wycombe. Plain biased when it came to the judgments of their own independent committees. The weasel statements over Covid loans, the passive hand washing acceptance of other clubs misdemeanours, truly dreadful. 

Their latest statement is much more logical. I really can see it from their view and they are probably right to say it for the good of the competition. Their past history though, is another story, an ugly one bereft of morality, decency, neutrality  and sportsmanship. 

Getting pretty tiresome with the media posts about Ashley (or anyone else) just wanting to be the clubs savior, and how he is ready to go. Bollocks. 

There is an accepted offer on the table, that has been agreed to by all parties. That sets a floor price.

Yet negotiations are still open, because of the reasons reported. So all he (or anyone else)has to do is match or (more likely) beat the current accepted offer- then he becomes the next owner of Derby County. It’s simple. There are no deals to be had here. A floor price has been established by all parties- so now it’s just best bid wins. 

And the fact he(or anyone else) is not just coming forward with an acceptable offer tells me they are not that serious about being the next owner. 

Edited by Hanny
Clarity

5 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

No. The have owned planes placed with them. They do also offer charter services but this isn't the case with CK. Have a look around at all the very wealthy and who their jets are registered with, Bill Gates as an sample...

You do realise that these registers are in the public domain right? You have access to the 'database', so does everyone else on the planet with internet access!

Quite a few of the open access ones are inaccurate/out of date. i am only using the FAA one in this case. One i have seen recently lists different aircraft with similar serial registration numbers as the same aircraft!! 

1 minute ago, Hanny said:

Getting pretty tiresome with the media posts about Ashley just wanting to be the clubs savior, and how he is ready to go. Bollocks. 

There is an accepted offer on the table, that has been agreed to by all parties.

Yet negotiations are still open, because of the reasons reported. So all he has to do is match or (more likely) beat the current accepted offer- then he becomes the next owner of Derby County. It’s simple.

And the fact he is not just coming forward with an acceptable offer tells me he isn’t that serious about being the next owner. 

Or Q won’t even talk to him to allow him to… I don’t think we will ever know the full truth no matter what happens now. 

7 minutes ago, Hanny said:

Yet negotiations are still open, because of the reasons reported. So all he (or anyone else)has to do is match or (more likely) beat the current accepted offer- then he becomes the next owner of Derby County. It’s simple. There are no deals to be had here. A floor price has been established by all parties- so now it’s just best bid wins. 

I presume the point is that if the accepted bid isn't fulfilled then he doesn't have to match or beat it. So it's down to will he wait to see what happens with CKs bid.

39 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I think this is a good thing.  In Quantuma’s statement last night they touched on the process referring to NDA’s, data room, etc.  Bearing in mind that to start that again puts us where we were in February with CK being announced as PB in April.  I think this the EFL saying “crikey, we haven’t got two months, more like two weeks!!”.

Whilst they might want get a feel for the likelihood of CK’s cash landing in the next few days, I’d like to think they’d want to know who the parties that are interested are.  If, as per some reports, they’ve already provided proof of funding, the EFL can start their tests tomorrow.  You’d think that people like MA and AA would be a rubber stamping exercise, the others, depending who they are, might take a bit longer.

The EFL have been in the spotlight over our case a bit and their existence is under threat.  They’ll come out smelling of roses if they can help get a PB in place in the next fortnight, should CK’s deal fall through (I don’t think it will and the money will land in the coming days) and will no doubt say “if it wasn’t for our intervention DCFC would be no more”.  They will not want us to go bust.  Neither will the other 23 L1 clubs.  We will be a big draw guaranteeing a huge away following and sell out crowds at pretty much every ground.  That will be massively important for the smaller clubs in that division.

I admire your confidence that CK’s money will arrive. But as for other Div 1 clubs rooting for us -I don’t know . An extra 1,000 away fans once a season isn’t going to make much difference to them. We have been up for sale now for months and not sold for the price of a mediocre bench warming full back in the prem. We might think we are “Massive” but I feel the rest of the football familly don’t give a monkeys.

3 minutes ago, Hanny said:

Getting pretty tiresome with the media posts about Ashley just wanting to be the clubs savior, and how he is ready to go. Bollocks. 

There is an accepted offer on the table, that has been agreed to by all parties.

Yet negotiations are still open, because of the reasons reported. So all he has to do is match or (more likely) beat the current accepted offer- then he becomes the next owner of Derby County. It’s simple.

And the fact he is not just coming forward with an acceptable offer tells me he isn’t that serious about being the next owner. 

I suspect he is serious or he wouldn't still be lurking, however by serious, I mean he'll want to be the owner at the cheapest possible price, likely to the detriment of creditors. I don't think Ashley would care about them, it's not his M.O. CK on the other hand tabled the best hid for creditors.  If his money doesn't clear very early next week, he may jump ship leaving Ashley (or Appleby)as the only options. 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

I read that as a  trouble making trip.

You may be right?‍♂️

What skill set does Trevor Birch have that is not already in place, what exactly can he add. What can he troubleshoot???

Perhaps Trevor Birch is the only one within the EFL who knows where Derby is. At least Trevor Birch knows that Derby is no where near Morecambe an issue that has confused the EFL in the past.

Just now, Elwood P Dowd said:

You may be right?‍♂️

What skill set does Trevor Birch have that is not already in place, what exactly can he add. What can he troubleshoot???

Perhaps Trevor Birch is the only one within the EFL who knows where Derby is. At least Trevor Birch knows that Derby is no where near Morecambe an issue that has confused the EFL in the past.

He's a qualified administrator?

Edited by RoyMac5

17 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

How did you guess? ? Joke.

Truth is, people are annoyed with everyone.  Q, MM, EFL.  Passion does this.  But we are where we are, and unless you correct me, we don't know the inside track.  I don't agree with the narrative that people are out to get us.  But people will always act in their own interests.

I care less about fault at this stage and more about solutions. Getting angry with boogieman is satisfying, but not entirely productive.   

A lot on here believe there are.

Way back on this thread there is a document where S Gibson the Boro chairman threatened the EFL that if they didn't come after DCFC then Gibson will go after the EFL, As DCFC are a member of the EFL and as other members are not allowed to go after other members those on here feel that the ar$e head at the head of the EFL sided with Boro.

The EFL sat on their hands while our squad was being cherry picked, Wouldn't let us re-sign loan player in January and told the Admin that if DCFC were to accept the 9 point penalty that would be the end of the matter...the 9 point penalty was given in Sept/Oct, Ever since the Boogieman at the EFL did diddley squat to support DCFC

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I presume the point is that if the accepted bid isn't fulfilled then he doesn't have to match or beat it. So it's down to will he wait to see what happens with CKs bid.

My point is that all parties have agreed a floor price with the CK deal. That means they will not accept anything lower.

So there are no more negotiations to be had. Either you meet the floor price or bugger off. 

And the CK deal will only fall through if he turns out to be a proven criminal and his funds seized. As soon as they clear and hit the bank- it’s done- he’s the owner. 

CK will be the next owner of Derby County, unless someone else decides to outbid him. 

So all this bluster from the PR departments are meaningless.