Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

The EFL will wait to see what plays out between Boro, Wycombe and Derby and yes they will be loving it.

Immediately after a settlement is reached the EFL will create new rules stopping clubs from charging each other, IE: us charging QPR and Villa.

As for liquidation. As soon as the name Gadsby came up it was enough for me to realise we won't be liquidated. Gadsby isn't the best option, but he is the insurance option. He won't allow the club to go under, him and other rich fans he will know will chuck the bare minimum in to keep the club afloat before selling us on eventually. Can't grumble at that really.

EFL rules state that disputes between clubs shall be settled by Arbitration, commenced by giving notice to the League. This is how this would be settled if Boro and/or Wycombe formalised their claim. 

However, AFAIAA, all DCFC have received to date is a Statement of Claim, which presumably includes a threat to go to Arbitration if the claim isn't settled by negotiation. Opportunistic is the politest way to describe it. I just hope it happens to their clubs one day. 

I don't understand how we can be considering settling with 'Boro, if they're demanding £45m.  The way I see it, there's 2 options. Either we settle for a significant percentage of that, but I can't see how the administrators have the authority to prioritise that ahead of creditors, plus it would make it massively more difficult to sell us if there's a confirmed multi-million pound settlement to be paid.  Or we settle for a small percentage, but if 'Boro accept it (let's say ~£500k or something) that just confirms that their claim is massively overblown and even they don't believe it.  So we shouldn't be settling.

11 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The EFL will wait to see what plays out between Boro, Wycombe and Derby and yes they will be loving it.

Immediately after a settlement is reached the EFL will create new rules stopping clubs from charging each other, IE: us charging QPR and Villa.

As for liquidation. As soon as the name Gadsby came up it was enough for me to realise we won't be liquidated. Gadsby isn't the best option, but he is the insurance option. He won't allow the club to go under, him and other rich fans he will know will chuck the bare minimum in to keep the club afloat before selling us on eventually. Can't grumble at that really.

Always liked Gadsby to be honest .

Talked to the guy one or two times and he’s always very approachable.

Wouldn’t have any qualms about him taking us over 

I'm happy with whoever prevents us from getting liquidated and has enough about them to stabilise us.

Would be great to get back into the Championship first time of asking because as we know from Sunderland, Ipswich etc you can be down there a long time, however I'd trade being stuck in league one for survival

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Gadsby is a Rotherham fan.

I posted the below back in September when Admin was first announced:

• As far as I can work out, since the formation of the Championship (or, to be more accurate, the renaming of the First Division) in 2004, six clubs from that division have entered Administration, though some were relegated by the time they went in. The average time spent in Administration for those clubs was six and half months.

So a February exit for Derby is just about par for the course.

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

I don't understand how we can be considering settling with 'Boro, if they're demanding £45m.  The way I see it, there's 2 options. Either we settle for a significant percentage of that, but I can't see how the administrators have the authority to prioritise that ahead of creditors, plus it would make it massively more difficult to sell us if there's a confirmed multi-million pound settlement to be paid.  Or we settle for a small percentage, but if 'Boro accept it (let's say ~£500k or something) that just confirms that their claim is massively overblown and even they don't believe it.  So we shouldn't be settling.

I think a £500k settlement is basically saying it could cost us that to defend a claim . it is just blackmail by Boro and Wycombe. Totally morally repugnant.

Edited by PistoldPete

1 hour ago, I am Ram said:

If the preferred bidder is announced before Christmas, it will be at 11.59 Christmas eve. It's the Derby way.

"Whilst every effort has been made to further delay proceedings, further extend embargos and pander to our hard-done-by friends at Middlesbrough and Wycombe, the EFL are disappointed to note that DCFC has unfortunately announced their preferred bidder.  We are currently in discussion with Steve Gibson, Rob Couhig and Kieran Maguire to understand if there's a good reason to challenge this. Further points deductions are being considered as a result of Quantuma providing the Derby County fanbase something to be happy about." 

In their interview with Radio Derby when asked about the parasites they seemed confident they'd easily bat away the claims and it'd be resolved 'in the next month'. So I'm not sure what has changed if anything at all on that front. As others have said their expectation management hasn't been fantastic with the continually shifting timelines but it does read as in the fundamentals are getting in place for some stability soon.