English Football League Board Grave Concerns of Two Appointments

SirBrian

Below are a couple of emails I have sent and received between Pauline Latham OBE MP and myself. I think it is important to highlight the concerns noted below to your local MPs and particularly anybody in Mrs Latham’s constituency as from her email, she is following the situation of Derby and the EFL very closely and has noted the points I have made.

Email sent to Pauline Latham OBE MP – Mid-Derbyshire constituency:

Having looked into Peter Risdale who is now  a member of the EFL board, I have a number of concerns around his appointment. Having researched online, his Wikipedia page contains a number of failures at football clubs and even notes him being disqualified from being a company director, all of these points are backed by reputable sources. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Ridsdale

The second concern I have is over the appointment of Neil Bausor to the EFL board, who is currently the CEO of Middlesbrough Football Club. It is widely reported in the media of legal action against Derby County from Middlesbrough Football Club I believe there is a possible conflict of interest in this appointment.

Part of the email received from Mrs Latham:

I am following the situation of Derby County and the EFL very closely and duly note the points you make. However, unfortunately, due to strict parliamentary protocol, I am only able to respond and support members of my Mid-Derbyshire constituency.

As you now reside in redacted, with your permission, I can forward your email onto the office of redacted  MP, who is your member of parliament representing redacted.  For ease of reference I have included his email address below.

I’ve been reading this forum for years, finally decided to create an account as I am a passionate Rams fans. The EFL stand on their alleged morals of being fit and proper, how can Peter Risdale be fit and proper to hold a position on the board of the EFL???

If this is correct, it’s an absolute disgrace. 

Regardless of what may or may not have done, this is not right and would not be permitted outside the bizarre and, arguably, corrupt EFL. 

How long before there is a substantive change in this broken organisation? 

2 hours ago, SirBrian said:

Below are a couple of emails I have sent and received between Pauline Latham OBE MP and myself. I think it is important to highlight the concerns noted below to your local MPs and particularly anybody in Mrs Latham’s constituency as from her email, she is following the situation of Derby and the EFL very closely and has noted the points I have made.

I’ve been reading this forum for years, finally decided to create an account as I am a passionate Rams fans. The EFL stand on their alleged morals of being fit and proper, how can Peter Risdale be fit and proper to hold a position on the board of the EFL???

Superb. I’ll follow your example. 

On 20/10/2021 at 17:57, SirBrian said:

As much as I detest the EFL, the blame here lies solely with  the 19 out of 24 championship clubs who voted him on to the board. In fact, out of the 3 new members, he received the most votes.

How anyone could vote him on to the board, beggars belief, but what does that say about those 19 clubs, one of which may be Derby?