Alberto Bueno - Real Valladolid

Boycie

DERBY County have loan offers in for two forwards – former Real Madrid youngster Alberto Bueno, who now plays for Real Valladolid, and Chris Wood of West Bromwich Albion.

The Derby Telegraph also understands that the Rams have made another enquiry for Everton front man James Vaughan.

Nigel Clough wants to add at least two new faces to his squad and hopes to land his targets ahead of the transfer window closing on Tuesday.

Luke Varney's move to Blackpool yesterday on a season-long loan has freed up space in the wage bill at Pride Park.

Bueno is believed to be the player Rams coach Johnny Metgod went to watch at the weekend and the 22-year-old will be at Derby's home game against Queens Park Rangers today, along with Carlos Suarez, the president of Real Valladolid.

Bueno has represented Spain at all levels from under-17 to under-21.

A striker or wide-left player, he is a product of Real Madrid's youth system, in which he was a prolific scorer.

He progressed to Real Madrid Castilla, the club's reserve team, who play in Segunda Division B, and signed professional terms with Real Madrid in August 2007.

His first-team debut was as a substitute in a Spanish Cup win against Real Unión in November 2008. He scored but Real Madrid suffered a shock exit on the away goals rule.

Bueno's league debut was as a late substitute for Raúl in a 1–0 victory over Recreativo de Huelva at the Bernabeu.

Valladolid signed Bueno for around three million euros a year ago and handed him a five-year contract.

He made 20 appearances in La Liga last season but Valladolid struggled and were relegated. Defeat by Barcelona at the Nou Camp sent them down and also saw Barca crowned champions.

Bueno was linked with a possible move to Liverpool just over 12 months ago as part of a cash-plus-players deal for Xabi Alonso and after joining Valladolid, he scored in a 2-2 draw against Stoke City at the Britannia Stadium in a pre-season friendly.

He starred for Spain's under-19 side when they won the European championships in 2006. His two goals gave Spain victory over Scotland in the final and he collected the golden boot as leading scorer in the tournament.

He went on to play in the Under-20 World Cup in Canada.

Vaughan continues to attract interest from a number of clubs, including Premier League newcomers Blackpool.

The 22-year-old joined Derby on a three-month loan last season but a knee injury forced him to return to Everton after only two games.

The Rams wanted to take him back in January when he regained fitness but Leicester City landed the England Under-21 international and he scored once in eight league games for the Foxes as they reached the Championship play-offs.

He has not featured nor been on the bench in Everton's three games this season.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The question is, why has he come here after being linked to Liverpool and just a year ago signed a new contract? If they can't afford him after being relegated, can we?

Sounds promising though, I hope he signs. It must be a shop window for a bigger move maybe?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not as good looking as Idiakez aywot?

http://www.pucelanos.com/media/reportero/33/2/0/6/7/n_20090715121531_fichaje_de_alberto_bueno

Only clocked up 1 goal in 20 for Valladolid which doesn't sound great but then listen to this bit, according to Wiki "On 15 July 2009, Real Valladolid purchased Bueno on a five-year deal, with Real Madrid having an option to rebuy in the first two", Real must rate him a tad to include that in the deal if true.

Here's a video of Clough out scouting him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiSIF0XaIp4

And a couple of goals by him...

i can't comment on bueno as I havn't seen him or heard of him, vaughan is an injury wreck i would stay away and wood well personally i wouldn't sign him either.

give the lad a chance YR you said the same and worse about Bailey and Brayford

give the lad a chance YR you said the same and worse about Bailey and Brayford

no i didn't at all actually, I said they had potential and i wasn't sure, tbh no-one knew what they would be like and we still don't know if they will be successfull, of course it's looking good, what about ishmael miller fom west brom he is a good player.

no i didn't at all actually, I said they had potential and i wasn't sure, tbh no-one knew what they would be like and we still don't know if they will be successfull, of course it's looking good, what about ishmael miller fom west brom he is a good player.

I would think WBA more likely to loan out wood than miller.

Is that the same injury prone Miller who doesn`t score many goals?

Archived