Maybe salutation goals

B4ev6is

Just now, Gritstone Ram said:

I wouldn’t worry about it. I was listening to my hero Bobby Davison today and he said plenty of practice. He knew where the net was. Top goal scorer. I wish we had him now.

ooooo Bobby Bobby Bobby Bobby Bobby Bobby Davison. 

He also said we need to play Sibley off Richards. I completely agree about playing someone there.

We play one striker at a time and get no-one playing off them.

He was also complaining that Lawrence never gets into the box, imo because he's always trying to score worldies. 

I know we sacrifice attacking intent for defensive solidity, I get that, but I would like us to take the hand brake off sometimes.

41 minutes ago, angieram said:

I agree with that but I am not sure we have the combination right further forward. 

I think this is right. We need to look for wins not draws so we need to set up to attack. Even if that asks a lot of Jags and Curtis. Not sure CKR will improve things tbh. Only want to see one of Knight or Shinnie, good though they both have been. Watson has more potential to create fluidity and goals and needs more game time. And if we find fluidity Joz comes to life. Sibley has struggled but in part because he’s been out of position. He certainly needs to play deeper than he did today if he’s to play. Not a starter for me just now.  Festy is exciting but a bit raw and I’d keep him for the last 25 mins. Lawrence needs to stop coming too deep when we’re in possession.
We’ve got plenty who can score the issue is giving them the chances 

2 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I wouldn’t worry about it. I was listening to my hero Bobby Davison today and he said plenty of practice. He knew where the net was. Top goal scorer. I wish we had him now.

ooooo Bobby Bobby Bobby Bobby Bobby Bobby Davison. 

I like him better than steel mate

He is a bit before my time but I like bolder as well he growing into the role.

11 hours ago, angieram said:

I agree with that but I am not sure we have the combination right further forward. 

We don’t. We’ve got the talent. It’s about the system. WR has made us super solid at the back but we need to score goals. It requires a tweak or two. Now CKR is back it won’t take much.

18 hours ago, angieram said:

He also said we need to play Sibley off Richards. I completely agree about playing someone there.

We play one striker at a time and get no-one playing off them.

He was also complaining that Lawrence never gets into the box, imo because he's always trying to score worldies. 

I know we sacrifice attacking intent for defensive solidity, I get that, but I would like us to take the hand brake off sometimes.

Was better with Gregory

I don't even think we are overly defensive..maybe late in games we often fall deeper but generally we play nice attacking football until that final bit of guile in and around the opponents danger areas.

Yesterday I was amazed how often we had decent numbers forward but not one of them were dragging a defender out of position..it was bizarre to watch like some kind of mad synchronised routine..

If Richards gets back to full fitness we can't have him isolated up top like he was for most of last season once the goals dried up..we still need our midfield taking advantage of the space..being brave is key.

Edited by Yani P