Extra Time

oomarkwright

Just come back from the Derby theatre production of the above. The 1946 FA Cup win fused together with a modern take in fandom. Written by Jamie T and including a great ensemble cast of I assume Derby fans. Good musicians and real life stories of fans down the decades. Multi media showcase and voxpop clips. Great night out. Try and get tickets tommorow night if you can. Was quite full tonight. 

Went on opening night and I found this was a very good play, which could only be put on in Derby.

Plenty of nostalgia and at times very poignant, especially the parts when they were remembering the men & women who were killed in the war, and the returning soldiers who couldn't forget the horrors.

Lots of memories and songs, and sound-bites from people who have come to Derby over the last 75 years and the friendliness of the town/city. I know from personal experience, because my wife, who is from Suffolk and always tells her sisters, who live in Sussex, how she quickly settled here in Derbyshire.

As the play unfolded, it gave a sense of belonging, and no matter what has happened, Derby County Football Club holds something in everyone's hearts, even to those who don't go to the matches, as you can always have a conversation with anyone about their fortunes, team, managers and controversies.

The poem, "We are Derby', describing our town/city brings goose-bumps, because it is more than just a football club, it's who we are.

46 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Went last night. Great stuff. Well performed; very professional & great scenery. Also lovely exhibition of @loweman2’s shirts and other memorabilia. Jamie T features large & is very good. 

It was nice to be able to help out in a small way, would like to have taken more and set them up better but the theatre didn’t have enough mannequins or torsos, but it was good to get a few of them on show, hopefully there will be a lot more in the next year from the Rams Heritage, the play itself is very good, a great production in our little theatre put together by our own local talent, this should give Jamie the confidence to now take on more projects, the city of Derby will certainly get behind him and it will be good for us.

6B14329D-6D19-4FD5-9ED7-652E50E8AEEF.jpeg

90A784DE-85EB-491A-A098-172989B70F8F.jpeg