SuffolkRam breaks silence over DET’s headlines

SuffolkRam

9 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

65 year olds regularly buy the over 50s life assurance products advertised on TV by Vorderman et al. 

Provides a cash sum for when they are no longer here. 

A few quid towards their funeral or as a treat for grandkids. 

Not everyone gets to leave a fortune. 

I remember reading somewhere that you should try to arrange for your money to last your lifetime, leave a post dated cheque to the funeral directors that in all likelihood will bounce 

11 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

65 year olds regularly buy the over 50s life assurance products advertised on TV by Vorderman et al. 

Provides a cash sum for when they are no longer here. 

A few quid towards their funeral or as a treat for grandkids. 

Not everyone gets to leave a fortune. 

I loved the Ted Moult Everest window adverts , with the Feather and the Helicopter ? !! 

The DET were taken over by Reach PLC and they are only interested in making money.

To make money, they need adverts and eyeballs. And to get eyeballs, they need to produce as many articles as possible with clickbait titles which will draw in the readers.

As anyone can blog these days without any journalistic qualifications at all, the competition is only growing so that means seeking more stories, printing more articles, more clickbait which ultimately affects the quality.

I know for a fact how some media sites pay former footballers for quotes. And the worst part about it is the former footballers haven't even said those exact words. The writer has been given the freedom to change the words to make it even more sensational.

And then the DET and their sister sites grab those quotes and make their own sensational story about it. 

Edited by Bris Vegas

On 13/10/2021 at 09:00, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Said it before many times, and I'll say it again. The DET has absolutely no journalistic merit at all. None. They only care about dedicating the maximum amount of screen space to adverts as possible and churning out the highest volume of 'articles' possible. Most of it is copied/pasted from twitter and/or taken from work other outlets have done. 

Absolute rubbish.

Same as literally every other local paper in the country. They literally have no choice but to do that other than go bust.

It sucks, but you have to pay for free and you pay with ads and clickbait.