Mart Poom

Reggie Greenwood

Just now, Reggie Greenwood said:

Yes I think so. Shilts had a couple of great games for us but more dodgy ones , well past his prime. Poom at 1 , Colin Boulton at 2 , prime Scott Carson at 3. 

Still played for England while with Derby didn’t he? I have been wrong once mind.

Shilts finished 5th in the Ballon d'Or whilst playing for us. A position only bettered by (I think) Yashin, Zoff, Kahn, Neuer and Buffon, I think in his last season he had declined dramatically but the first 3 seasons he was immense. That said Poom was bloody amazing as well.

1989efoty.png

Edited by Mick Harford

2 hours ago, Mick Harford said:

Shilts finished 5th in the Ballon d'Or whilst playing for us. A position only bettered by (I think) Yashin, Zoff, Kahn, Neuer and Buffon, I think in his last season he had declined dramatically but the first 3 seasons he was immense. That said Poom was bloody amazing as well.

1989efoty.png

WOW

17 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Yes I think so. Shilts had a couple of great games for us but more dodgy ones , well past his prime. Poom at 1 , Colin Boulton at 2 , prime Scott Carson at 3. 

The dodgy games stood out because they were rare (Everton away - kicking the ball straight to one of their players and (I think Gillingham) at home in a cup game when he went to catch the ball in his midrift and the ball went under his arm - both cost us goals against - but he was still a very good goaalkeeper for the majority of his time with us.....

5 hours ago, Mick Harford said:

1989efoty.png

He's no Adam Ledzgins.

On 12/10/2021 at 09:48, Mick Harford said:

1989efoty.png

Where did Chris Weale come in the Ballon d'Or that season we had him?