Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

1 hour ago, alram said:

Maybe my take is not a popular one but for me the administrators need to face the task ahead with realism, they are just sounding like a pound shop mel morris in everything they have said and done so far.

I would presume the administrators are not emotionally involved in their task other than a successful outcome for their company. They have complete access to all the information available while we only have bits and rumours.

If they believe there is a case to be made with the points then it could potentially make us far more saleable.

To liken them to a pound shop Mel Morris makes you appear like you want them, and Derby, to fail.

8 minutes ago, thelovebelow said:

We'll appeal. We'll win on the last game of the season. Ousting 6th place Middlesborough. Then we'll get to Wembley and get promoted. 

Trust me. 

Absolute rose tinted optimism.

The EFL will find a last minute way of taking just enough points off us to relegate us, I can't believe you'd think anything else.

Still, going down as FA Cup Winners will soften the blow.

Let’s not also forget, they let the London clubs open up their stadiums for a brief while too. Even though that area was rife with Covid. We were never allowed to open even though we had to prepare to open up and spent thousands on producing stickers and notices and paying for them to be placed around the ground. These were never used in the period they were designed for.

11 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Well first of all I think Derby (second highest attendance in the Championship in 2019-20) were most affected by covid than any other team (the team with highest attendance Leeds were promoted to Premier League so got access to a new  money tree) . Many other bigger teams were in receipt of parachute money (which did not reduce during covid) so were also much less affected. Smaller teams not affected so much as they were not relying on big gates anyway, so had smaller budgets. Also of course there is the covid loan that (for disputed reasons)  was denied Derby but not most other teams.

secondly, the club was up for sale, and yes that was probably because Morris was running out of money due to historic overspending. But like I say how do we know that a buyer would not have been found if covid had not come along?  

All valid points.

But these clubs with parachute payments have much much bigger wage bills than ours, the club's coming up would have increased their wage bill and spent money in transfers. 

Yes we could have been affected more based on our attendances being sold high and how heavily reliant on ticket sales we are. But so is everyone.

Why aren't Forest in administration because of Covid? Same length of time in this League, no parachute payments, big attendances. No sign of them going into administration. 

2 hours ago, alram said:

Maybe my take is not a popular one but for me the administrators need to face the task ahead with realism, they are just sounding like a pound shop mel morris in everything they have said and done so far.

It’s not about your take being popular or unpopular but, I rather suspect, unlike Mel, the administrator know what they’re doing. We may appeal or we may not. We may be successful or we may not be but I don’t think any of us, with zero experience (I suspect) of being an administrator are in any position to be so critical of them.

15 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

All valid points.

But these clubs with parachute payments have much much bigger wage bills than ours, the club's coming up would have increased their wage bill and spent money in transfers. 

Yes we could have been affected more based on our attendances being sold high and how heavily reliant on ticket sales we are. But so is everyone.

Why aren't Forest in administration because of Covid? Same length of time in this League, no parachute payments, big attendances. No sign of them going into administration. 

That’s not the question. The question is why are we in administration , what tipped us over the edge?

For 300k we might as well take a stab at it. I can't imagine it'll get anywhere but if it does those 12 points will end up being precious. If they tack on another 9 we're done anyway and no way will we survive that. I personally am not overly optimistic about surviving the 12 point penalty as it is, after-all once winter comes around with injuries and fixtures piling up the thin squad is going to creak and show in our points tally but we need to make a fist of it. 

44 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

All valid points.

It doesn't really matter what Forest or any other team has done to keep going during the pandemic. It's what impact the pandemic had on Derby County that matters. There's an assumption here that owners possess a bottomless pit to keep funding a team regardless. If the Administrators can show that the owner wasn't able to keep the club afloat, there may be a valid case. 

3 hours ago, alram said:

Despite our excellent results so far this squad isnt good enough to stay in this division, you throw in a points penalty whatever it may be, i am sure we will have more penalties coming.

it's a complete waste of time and resources. we should be planning life for league one and that should be along the lines of savouring every penny we have - not fighting stupid legal battles. So if its not staff that are suffering, we are gonna have to pay that bill with a player sale in january anyway.

What!?  The results so far puts us mid table, what on earth makes you think they would suddenly become relegation fodder?  What defeatist crap!

These aren’t legal battles per se, they don’t go to court.  You seem to doubt the administrators, but these aren’t stupid people.  They are at the end of the day accountants.  If anyone is going to find a way through this crap, these are the people we want on our side.

Get behind them. Turn up, buy a shirt, or a pint (god I wish the service was better, it is awful - otherwise I would more often)

£300k in the scheme of things is bugger all.  Do the maths, if we get 5k more supporters a game at £20 a ticket for three games it gats paid.  But then again you could just sit back and let league one happen by lying down and doing nothing.

I thought Derby fans had more fight.

5 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

What!?  The results so far puts us mid table, what on earth makes you think they would suddenly become relegation fodder?  What defeatist crap!

These aren’t legal battles per se, they don’t go to court.  You seem to doubt the administrators, but these aren’t stupid people.  They are at the end of the day accountants.  If anyone is going to find a way through this crap, these are the people we want on our side.

Get behind them. Turn up, buy a shirt, or a pint (god I wish the service was better, it is awful - otherwise I would more often)

£300k in the scheme of things is bugger all.  Do the maths, if we get 5k more supporters a game at £20 a ticket for three games it gats paid.  But then again you could just sit back and let league one happen by lying down and doing nothing.

Good evening Mr Hosking.

16 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

We are mate I personal buy things in the ground but I wish put up full menu.