Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

13 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Then why is it only just Derby and not other clubs,no agenda against Morris just more worms coming out of the can as things go on.

It's all about the timing of covid, it happened at the time when Derby were least able to cope with it.

Maybe, if it had happened 5 years ago, another club or clubs, may not have been in a position to cope with it and we'd have been alright?

MM has thrown the dice and he/we have lost. But, you can't deny that we've had a lot of miss fortune along the way, all little things contributing to the situation that we're in now.

Financial cheating QPR beating us in the most one sided play off final ever.

SM, Rowett and Lampard all having their heads turned and leading to unnecessary management and direction changes.

Hughes and Bryson getting long term injuries right at the end of the transfer window, leading to panic buying and ultimately financial indiscipline by the club.

Key injuries to key players, we always seem to be waiting for our talisman to come back from injury.

The debacle of the Joiners Arms, how the club wish they didn't have that team bonding night, which only caused division.

A potential sale of the club ruined by the EFL questioning the sale of the ground, now proven to be legitimate.

The final nail in the coffin being covid.

How MM must wish he could turn the clock back and so do we.

9 minutes ago, Topram said:

Absolutely nothing I can find on the Binnie brothers…

Didnt even know Evans had sold Ipswich…

the 2 other interested parties aren’t named 

The Jez Moxey consortium could be interesting, experienced football executive (Stoke, Wolves, Norwich, Burton) who has also worked at 366 Group with Appleby & Rush...

This is precisely the reason the club mentioned covid in their statement about admin. They also made a point of saying it would have been profitable had it not been for lock down. 

300k is a risk worth taking. Call me naive but I think the club have a case. Would we be in admin without it? I don't think so. 

Not sure how brave the Efl would be halving it with the outcries from other clubs led by gibson

Edited by ThePrisoner
Swearing

19 minutes ago, Carnero said:

The Jez Moxey consortium could be interesting, experienced football executive (Stoke, Wolves, Norwich, Burton) who has also worked at 366 Group with Appleby & Rush...

Agree.

It’s a weird one now, because assuming it’s an auction the admins have to choose the highest bidder, because that delivers most to creditors. Future football reasons play no part. In theory

I guess in reality they might say to their (Wayne’s) favourite bidder, ‘just another £2m and it’s yours’. 

May as well appeal, the worst is 12 for admin + 9 for p&s, so new possible owners will know that already.

An appeal means it could go from 21 overall to 15, which we have overtuned 14 of already.

There is no doubting covid has had a huge impact on our income, whether that is 5m or 20m, had we received that money we may have stayed out of admin, how much we were losing a month/year before covid is irrelevant as the club still didnt go into administration then.

Good to see 4 groups (Evans, Moxey consortium, Brit abroad & then Carlisle Group) mentioned with then maybe Ashley & possibly the Gary Cook group who have been sniffing around since Alonso. Shows we are still an attractive club to buy.

Edited by DCFC1388

49 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

So why do certain posters seem to blame the EFL or anybody else for the clubs possible demise when the answer lies closer to home.

Because the EFL's cases against the club have been a contributory factor too, yet more money wasted on defending tenuous charges of breaching non-existent rules, and they've seemed to be manipulated by other club owners into doing things to Derby that they have never done to other clubs before. The partiality is so clear that it's not surprising that some fans have a downer on the EFL. The pronunciations of Rick Parry, and their pompous self-serving responses to the Supporters Group questions the other day won't have convinced anyone that this isn't simply the Regulators doing their job. Mel Morris takes prime spot on the list of those responsible for DCFC's current plight, but the EFL are far from blameless. 

59 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

And just to repeat, straight from the EFL itself...

"This fund is not available to any Club in breach or suspected breach of EFL Regulations and Clubs will again need to submit evidence in their applications to Club eligibility."

32 minutes ago, Kernow said:

300k cost? Wasn’t Wigan’s appeal rumoured to cost £2mil?

Why would the appeal be that much less, unless it’s something that would be that much easier to prove/disprove?

As I have said the fact they are trying to broker a six point deduction rather than go to a tribunal or Court which would decide whether it should be 12 or zero. 

19 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I can't see us getting anywhere with it. I can understand trying and obviously covid is a factor, but did covid directly stop Mel Morris from writing the cheque every month to cover the losses? That's what'd have to be convincing to win this.

I don't think it's a case of appeal for appeals sake, Admin must think there's a case to have a chance to at least halve the 12 points, The EFL loaned to other clubs Covid-19 bail out money, DCFC never/didn't/couldn't/wouldn't/shouldn't apply for the said loan for whatever reason, "I would love it just love it" if the EFL are now stocking up with Loo Rolls ?

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

And just to repeat, straight from the EFL itself...

"This fund is not available to any Club in breach or suspected breach of EFL Regulations and Clubs will again need to submit evidence in their applications to Club eligibility."

And the quote the EFL...Derby never asked.

1 hour ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I’d agree with @atherstoneram. Covid has, without doubt, impacted all clubs but I think we need to prove it was the sole reason we went into administration. I would imagine the club needs to prove Covid (or our failure to able to apply for the loan) wasn’t just delaying the inevitable. I think Mel said we had a sustainable business plan if it hadn’t been for the virus. The administrator just needs to convince the EFL. 

I know it’s only newspaper talk and attention seeking headlines but, I doubt we’re “at war” (and hope we’re not) with the EFL.

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Only reason the admins do it is because they think it increases the sale proceeds. That’s more money for the creditors who are losing out 

but it is not going to make a difference is it? even if the deduction was completely wiped we are still not in a secure place in the championship, as said above, it seems like a ridiclous waste of money that could be used elsewhere.

we have had pointless legal battles to no avail for years and years now, it's time to pack it in and focus going forward. 

i must admit i am not impressed at all with how the administrators have conducted themselves so far

59 minutes ago, ram59 said:

It's all about the timing of covid, it happened at the time when Derby were least able to cope with it.

Maybe, if it had happened 5 years ago, another club or clubs, may not have been in a position to cope with it and we'd have been alright?

MM has thrown the dice and he/we have lost. But, you can't deny that we've had a lot of miss fortune along the way, all little things contributing to the situation that we're in now.

Financial cheating QPR beating us in the most one sided play off final ever.

SM, Rowett and Lampard all having their heads turned and leading to unnecessary management and direction changes.

Hughes and Bryson getting long term injuries right at the end of the transfer window, leading to panic buying and ultimately financial indiscipline by the club.

Key injuries to key players, we always seem to be waiting for our talisman to come back from injury.

The debacle of the Joiners Arms, how the club wish they didn't have that team bonding night, which only caused division.

A potential sale of the club ruined by the EFL questioning the sale of the ground, now proven to be legitimate.

The final nail in the coffin being covid.

How MM must wish he could turn the clock back and so do we.

Exactly. All true. Yes, Morris should not have reacted to the Hughes and Bryson injuries with panic buys costing over £10 million in transfer fees and much more in wages. And probably shoudlnt have put a rookie manager with little knowledge of the lower leagues in charge of recruitment decisons when Lampard took over.  Etc etc many many mistakes by Mel but we must be the unluckiest club ever and do not deserve this mess or all the blame that the media and the EFL are pushing our way.