Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

On 11/10/2021 at 09:20, WoollyJumper said:

Who is to say the appeal may not be being funded by one of the potential buyers?

For Derby to stay in the Championship would be high on a list of priorities for any potential buyer.

Or perhaps an anonymous local wealthy businessman who just so happens to also be a Rams fan? 

On 11/10/2021 at 18:56, 86 Hair Islands said:

We've been quietly taking 'our punishment' for 2 years now! For our supposed crimes and misdemeanours I'd venture we've paid a massive price already and yet you and some others feel we should just lie down and take even more.

Tell me, what's classy about being a lamb to the slaughter, because for the life of me, I don't see your point. 

I am sick to death of our club dieing with a thousand cuts!

I want a fresh start with all punishments done with, not kicking the can down the road constantly. The only reason we’ve been suffering all of this for so long is because no one in authority at dcfc has the class or honesty to put their hands up and say fair cop. We are a disaster of a club with no respect whatsoever for anyone else. If we held our hands up and showed a modicum of humility the EFL etc might be a little more sympathetic to our plight imo!

9 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

I want a fresh start with all punishments done with, not kicking the can down the road constantly. The only reason we’ve been suffering all of this for so long is because no one in authority at dcfc has the class or honesty to put their hands up and say fair cop. We are a disaster of a club with no respect whatsoever for anyone else. If we held our hands up and showed a modicum of humility the EFL etc might be a little more sympathetic to our plight imo!

The EFL openly stated that they were disappointed that we were not relegated so I assume you agree with them.

15 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

67A81A13-FEDC-4953-9E5C-D48D8959B37D.gif

12 minutes ago, Gritstone Tup said:

I am sick to death of people on this forum with their self loathing of the mighty Rams. In fact i do wonder if there are some on here who are actually planted by EFL or by other clubs as pretend Rams fans stirring up pro EFL propaganda and anti Rams crap.

1 hour ago, Gritstone Tup said:

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Gritstone Tup said:

What's Up, Tup?

2 hours ago, Gritstone Tup said:

That’s called appeasement. 

9 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

A couple of posters have said that this is what EFl said. I did try to find it but could not. Can you post the statement ?

It’s from this statement where they said they “regrettably” were advised they shouldn’t appeal the punishment being a fine (not a points deduction which would, in July, have relegated us after the season had finished).

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/july/efl-statement-Derby-county-sanction/

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

It’s from this statement where they said they “regrettably” were advised they shouldn’t appeal the punishment being a fine (not a points deduction which would, in July, have relegated us after the season had finished).

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/july/efl-statement-Derby-county-sanction/

Thanks,that’s the one, said they were disappointed and did not agree with the findings of the INDEPENDENT panel which is just another way of saying we wanted them down.

19 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

A couple of posters have said that this is what EFl said. I did try to find it but could not. Can you post the statement ?

I think it was probably inferred. 

The EFL said that it was "disappointed" after they had decided that they couldn't appeal the £100k fine. 

It was revealed at the same time that the "alternative" fixture list had been compiled. 

Hence you could reasonably assume that the EFL were really seeking a punishment that would have relegated us, but were "disappointed" they couldn't achieve that. 

2 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Thanks,that’s the one, said they were disappointed and did not agree with the findings of the INDEPENDENT panel which is just another way of saying we wanted them down.

Why didn’t the EFL accept the penalty imposed on Derby by the independent panel ?

It leads to the question, what is the point of an independent panel?, if it’s impartial decision is not respected by both sides.

I'm sure a different scenario where the panel had decided on a points deduction would have been warmly welcomed by the EFL, while singing the praises of a panel that came to a fair and unbiased decision.

7 hours ago, Macintosh said:

Rooney stated that no player was going to be sold unless he said so, and that did happen.

I'm guessing HMRC will get any outstanding transfer payments owed to the club after administration, that if money is owed on Bennett or Evans they get that. Hughes too. Same with Holmes, and it would be the same with any players that might have been sold during the last window. HMRC play the long game, even if it is 50 years down the line at £1 a week.

It appears no club pays up front, it is staged payments, so selling Lawrence and Buchanan might only have initially brought in [maybe] £1m and that pays a month's wages and is gobbled up? Whereas after administration it's a clean slate, they are assets.

Unfortunately, the long game will consist of two years maximum , plus accruing interest and if the overdue tax is determined for any entity they can collect this amount even if its higher than anything submitted.  Any currently owing tax due must also be kept up to date in line with a payment plan .  If any element of accounting is still due to filed they won't discuss payment plans .  

7 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Why didn’t the EFL accept the penalty imposed on Derby by the independent panel ?

It leads to the question, what is the point of an independent panel?, if it’s impartial decision is not respected by both sides.

I'm sure a different scenario where the panel had decided on a points deduction would have been warmly welcomed by the EFL, while singing the praises of a panel that came to a fair and unbiased decision.

Exactly, it tells you all you need to know.

34 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Look I’m no great fan of the way the EFl has handled this. But no THEY DID NOT SAY THEY REGRETTED THAT WE WERENT RELEGATED.  Nor did they say anything close to that. 

What they said was: they thought the penalty was too lenient for the offence, but they regretted that they had been advised they should not appeal. 

Don’t forget that the EFl have a load of stakeholders (clubs) paying for all of the disputes and they need to manage those relationships. What they said was measured and reasonable 

if you want to read an outrageous and misleading press statement, read the LAP judgement and then the misleading pile of poo in the statement the club put out in response. Appalling from MM and Pearce as well as foolish 

15 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Look I’m no great fan of the way the EFl has handled this. But no THEY DID NOT SAY THEY REGRETTED THAT WE WERENT RELEGATED.  Nor did they say anything close to that. 

What they said was: they thought the penalty was too lenient for the offence, but they regretted that they had been advised they should not appeal. 

Don’t forget that the EFl have a load of stakeholders (clubs) paying for all of the disputes and they need to manage those relationships. What they said was measured and reasonable 

if you want to read an outrageous and misleading press statement, read the LAP judgement and then the misleading pile of poo in the statement the club put out in response. Appalling from MM and Pearce as well as foolish 

I think you’re misquoting me , I never used the word regrettably. They definitely said they were disappointed with the findings of the INDEPENDENT panel.