Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

2 hours ago, Foreveram said:

So your right and I’m wrong and I’m not allowed an opinion. I didn’t say I agree with everything the club does or every decision the owner takes , but if you support the club you do so in the bad times as well as the good not just when it suits you. It’s a bit like having kids. I along with 3000 or so other fans will be cheering the team on at Coventry tomorrow regardless , trying to keep them in this division. Like I said that’s my opinion, I didn’t rubbish yours .

I took your statement at face value too, rightly or wrongly, which said that if you don't agree with the club's actions 100% of the time then you're not a true supporter.

The two items don't have to be mutually exclusive. If that's the case then there therefore will be a number of Newcastle followers who aren't true supporters as they don't agree with their club being taken over by parties with links to human rights abuses.

18 minutes ago, Rev said:

You literally said you're either behind everything the club does on and off the pitch, or you're not a supporter!

That's pretty much the definition of 100% backing.

The response said nothing about you having an opinion, rightly or wrongly.

To me backing the club and supporting the club is the same thing, You don’t have to agree with everything, such as who the manager is or who plays up front but you still get behind them for the good of the club. I stated that was my opinion the response said it was rubbish.

8 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

To me backing the club and supporting the club is the same thing, You don’t have to agree with everything, such as who the manager is or who plays up front but you still get behind them for the good of the club. I stated that was my opinion the response said it was rubbish.

Apologies, may have been slightly crossed wires. 

If you're talking about support in person at matches, and I think/hope you are, I agree wholeheartedly and would do the same.

If you were talking about supporting every decision the club makes off the pitch, and not questioning it, I couldn't go along with that.

19 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I took your statement at face value too, rightly or wrongly, which said that if you don't agree with the club's actions 100% of the time then you're not a true supporter.

The two items don't have to be mutually exclusive. If that's the case then there therefore will be a number of Newcastle followers who aren't true supporters as they don't agree with their club being taken over by parties with links to human rights abuses.

I actually said the opposite, that you don’t necessarily have to agree with the clubs decision but you back them regardless. Never used the term “true” supporter. Surely if your not backing someone you’re not supporting them. ( Hopefully there is enough punctuation in there.)

14 minutes ago, Rev said:

Apologies, may have been slightly crossed wires. 

If you're talking about support in person at matches, and I think/hope you are, I agree wholeheartedly and would do the same.

If you were talking about supporting every decision the club makes off the pitch, and not questioning it, I couldn't go along with that.

I don’t know what I’m saying anymore, I’m just ready for Coventry tomorrow .?

10 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I actually said the opposite, that you don’t necessarily have to agree with the clubs decision but you back them regardless. Never used the term “true” supporter. Surely if your not backing someone you’re not supporting them. ( Hopefully there is enough punctuation in there.)

Sorry was meant to be tongue in cheek comment. Has to be the record for the longest continuous sentence on this forum, respect you.

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

4 is a cop out, if ever I saw one.

What about every club that's ever breached FFP ? Is it right that every other club affected can sue? There'd be no clubs left! 

I couldn’t agree more. I don’t really think it is just answer 4 that is a cop out either.

It is a bit like the EFL - not really answering the question being asked adequately because he realises that an honest answer might make him feel foolish or be quoted back to him at a later date.

I would relish being the barrister arguing these, and other, points in a court of law. A proper court rather than a kangaroo one. I think between the posters here there are so many inconsistencies and questions raised, I can only imagine what a highly paid legal team will manage to uncover.

So many things don’t quite sit right and do I’m afraid make it appear that the EFL is either supremely incompetent or is making decisions based on something other than applying the rules fairly, whatever that might be.

Lets not forget that Peter Ridsdale allegedly spent more on goldfish than Jagielka’s monthly wage. What a bastion of financial common sense he is. I wonder how much he would have paid Nick Blackman! 

The whole thing could have been avoided if the EFL realised they had cocked up, held their hands up and amended the regs so it was straight line amortisation from the year after an independent panel found us not guilty. Instead they expressed their disappointment that we had been found not to have done anything wrong.

Anyway. Up the Rams.

10 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

It really wouldn't you know...it would be forgotten about in about 15 minutes from everyone outside of Derby...Just like it was with Bury and Macclesfield.

Here is the Parliamentary Committees response to Bury's collapse

https://www.parliament.uk/globalassets/documents/commons-committees/culture-media-and-sport/191104-Chair-to-Debbie-Jevans-EFL-re-football-inquiry.pdf

So recommending an independent regulation and licensing system.

Penalties for individuals not for clubs. Warnings to EFL not to repeat their failings of Bury.

Yet no sign yet of EFL learning from their mistakes is there?

If it happens again there will be no second chances for EFL they wil be replaced as regulator for sure.  

10 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I would like to bet you 10 million million million dollars that Bury will NOT be terminal for the EFL, the EFL will out live Bury, in fact they already have so you owe me 10 milllion milllion million dollars.

I didn't agree to the bet.. but actually Bury Football Club Ltd still exists.  They are just not playing any football.

13 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

That’s the most pedantic statement I have ever read in this forum  !

I don't think its pedantic to resist a claim against me for a £10,000,0000 million bet that I never agreed to! Hardly a minor detail is it? and even if i had agreed to the bet I would be looking for every loophole I could to get out of it.  

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

I don't think its pedantic to resist a claim against me for a £10,000,0000 million bet that I never agreed to! Hardly a minor detail is it? and even if i had agreed to the bet I would be looking for every loophole I could to get out of it.  

And i'm confident you'd winHappy Celebration GIF by MLB

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Here is the Parliamentary Committees response to Bury's collapse

https://www.parliament.uk/globalassets/documents/commons-committees/culture-media-and-sport/191104-Chair-to-Debbie-Jevans-EFL-re-football-inquiry.pdf

So recommending an independent regulation and licensing system.

Penalties for individuals not for clubs. Warnings to EFL not to repeat their failings of Bury.

Yet no sign yet of EFL learning from their mistakes is there?

If it happens again there will be no second chances for EFL they wil be replaced as regulator for sure.  

Well, to be fair to the EFL, the Committee is insisting that the EFL enforce their rules and regulations. Is that not what they are doing with Derby, albeit somewhat clumsily?