1884 shirts available, gauging interest !

loweman2

There was that much interest from the 1884 original shirts as worn by the first Derby County team with people asking if they were available to buy that we decided to find somebody who could make them to the same excellent standard as the tailor who did the first two but at a much reduced cost, the first two cost £170 each to have them made bespokely but I am pleased to say that we have now managed to source a new provider and get them still hand made and embroidered to the same excellent standard but at a much reduced cost.

these shirts represent our rich history and heritage from those early pioneering days of professional football and the creation of the the football league, we were one of those first clubs invited to form it remember.

It’s  not a money making exercise, it is an opportunity to purchase something that can be kept and handed down over the years, it is made from the same thick quality drill cotton with mother of pearl buttons and to the original design, they were like dress shirts and tucked into their trousers, so they haven’t been made as something to wear to the pub or the match, they are all being made in a size large and will be in a presentation clear bag along with a colourised photo of the very first Derby County team, making it an ideal present for any Derby fan, you don’t have to be a shirt collector to own one, as I have posted elsewhere on the forum for many years and most of you know the time and dedication that I put into the history of the Rams and especially the shirts that we have worn since 1884, this is something that I wanted to share, it’s a limited offer and won’t be repeated, the shirts are £100 each, still not cheap but there is a lot of cost involved in the process and then getting them all professionally embroidered.

I put on Twitter yesterday that we had had 12 made and they all sold in a couple of hours, even Peter Seddon the original researcher and writer of the men who made the rams had one.

we just want to gauge interest of who would like to order one so please comment or PM me if you would be interested.

here are the ones that we did originally and the new ones, they are identical and the embroidery started yesterday on them.

E7B50182-F1E4-4DB7-A693-2C1C06A4E9EE.jpeg

ED4B59FD-1C12-4085-AC40-0615AC224BB1.png

BD781162-21A7-4F2E-AB25-59A18505F8D1.jpeg

CB22F014-5DA5-4085-B00A-1735339DB943.jpeg

45D01079-AA52-4E6F-A3A9-379A64CCEF5D.jpeg

1 minute ago, glyn1957 said:

Would love one but could they be made for the more portly amongst us .

as i said mate they are more of a thing to be kept and treasured rather than worn, all will be made to a size large so some will be able to wear them but not sure where you would wear it to ??

12 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

as i said mate they are more of a thing to be kept and treasured rather than worn, all will be made to a size large so some will be able to wear them but not sure where you would wear it to ??

To the office, to the pub, to the football. The real question is where can it not be worn ?

Sorry. The combination of colours, in particular the brown, just don’t do it for me so, I’m out. However, if some other special issue shirt was issued as a fund raiser (as muted by the administrator I think) I’d be very interested (dependent on the design and colour of course).

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Make them to wear at the match, you’ve only got a limited amount of fans who just hang things in the wardrobe.

You’ll make more money.

polo shirts will follow at some point, but doing these first for those who want, there have now been 24 who have paid deposits, the aim is to do the first five shirts from the race course years, not a money making exercise but its just never been done before, 

3 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

not a money making exercise but its just never been done before

Maybe not, however sales would fund future projects?

I would look into a basic crew neck t shirt version as well, yellow stripe through the middle with no buttons, bet you could knock a few of those out around £30 a pop. 

17 minutes ago, David said:

I would look into a basic crew neck t shirt version as well, yellow stripe through the middle with no buttons, bet you could knock a few of those out around £30 a pop. 

yes its deffo in the pipeline @david to do some more wearable gear but thanks for your sensible suggestions unlike some of the more juvenile sections of the crowd !! ?

22 minutes ago, David said:

Crew neck or polo t-shirt think would go down a bomb especially under the circumstances and the potential for them to catch on (DCFC solidarity and all that) is enormous. Be amazing to see Pride Park a sea of such colours. Appreciate the nostalgia of a repo of the original and the appeal to the connoisseurs amongst us but it’s a very limited market and it’s not for me I’m afraid. BUT a version for the regulars guys n girls I’d definitely be up for. Doesn’t have to be a money making exercise but if some of the proceeds could go to the club, a local charity or to fund future initiatives even better. 

I will buy one, however, when you say its a Large (L), how big is it, as I normally wear an Extra-Large (XL) for those types of shirts?

What is the price? How do I pay for one? Where do I collect it from, or will it be delivered?

3 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

I will buy one, however, when you say its a Large (L), how big is it, as I normally wear an Extra-Large (XL) for those types of shirts?

What is the price? How do I pay for one? Where do I collect it from, or will it be delivered?

It’s not for wearing! You’re not allowed to wear it!

nurse! NURSE!

2 hours ago, ImARam2 said:

1 hour ago, baiano27 said:

Count me in for one. I'm hoping it fits as I've enough on the walls and in cupboards as it is...

39 minutes ago, Mos_Ram said:

I’ll take one!

1 minute ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I will buy one @loweman2in size small please. Fantastic shirt.

gents thanks for your intrest, can you please ping me a private message with your email adresses so i can send you details and get your names adresses etc and take deposit payments rather than messaging on here as it can get a bit hit and miss, cheers

18 hours ago, loweman2 said:

There was that much interest from the 1884 original shirts as worn by the first Derby County team with people asking if they were available to buy that we decided to find somebody who could make them to the same excellent standard as the tailor who did the first two but at a much reduced cost, the first two cost £170 each to have them made bespokely but I am pleased to say that we have now managed to source a new provider and get them still hand made and embroidered to the same excellent standard but at a much reduced cost.

these shirts represent our rich history and heritage from those early pioneering days of professional football and the creation of the the football league, we were one of those first clubs invited to form it remember.

It’s  not a money making exercise, it is an opportunity to purchase something that can be kept and handed down over the years, it is made from the same thick quality drill cotton with mother of pearl buttons and to the original design, they were like dress shirts and tucked into their trousers, so they haven’t been made as something to wear to the pub or the match, they are all being made in a size large and will be in a presentation clear bag along with a colourised photo of the very first Derby County team, making it an ideal present for any Derby fan, you don’t have to be a shirt collector to own one, as I have posted elsewhere on the forum for many years and most of you know the time and dedication that I put into the history of the Rams and especially the shirts that we have worn since 1884, this is something that I wanted to share, it’s a limited offer and won’t be repeated, the shirts are £100 each, still not cheap but there is a lot of cost involved in the process and then getting them all professionally embroidered.

I put on Twitter yesterday that we had had 12 made and they all sold in a couple of hours, even Peter Seddon the original researcher and writer of the men who made the rams had one.

we just want to gauge interest of who would like to order one so please comment or PM me if you would be interested.

here are the ones that we did originally and the new ones, they are identical and the embroidery started yesterday on them.

E7B50182-F1E4-4DB7-A693-2C1C06A4E9EE.jpeg

ED4B59FD-1C12-4085-AC40-0615AC224BB1.png

BD781162-21A7-4F2E-AB25-59A18505F8D1.jpeg

CB22F014-5DA5-4085-B00A-1735339DB943.jpeg

45D01079-AA52-4E6F-A3A9-379A64CCEF5D.jpeg

I’m up for one of those how do I order and pay