What are your favourite non-fiction books/genres ?

Bob The Badger

10 minutes ago, Miggins said:

I saw John Hurt on a TV adaptation of Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment in the late 1970's. It haunted me so much that I read the novel in tandem with the series. What a book!

You shouldn't have lent it to the EFL though

• 5 months later...
33 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Scandal at Dolphin Square.

Don't read it if you believe the British establishment are good guys........you may be disappointed.

https://www.waterstones.com/book/scandal-at-dolphin-square/simon-danczuk/daniel-smith/9780750997140

Danczuk was the guy that skewered Cyril Smith wasn’t he? Not literally of course, he was a bit too old for Cyril.

Just started a new job publishing popular science books for Penguin. Where is the love for the greatest of all nonfiction genres in this thread? Where would we be without On the Origin of Species or The Selfish Gene or, though I say it myself, the magnificent Cosmos?

18 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Just started a new job publishing popular science books for Penguin. Where is the love for the greatest of all nonfiction genres in this thread? Where would we be without On the Origin of Species or The Selfish Gene or, though I say it myself, the magnificent Cosmos?

I bought that Cosmos book, looking forward to reading about Pele, Beckenbauer, Carlos Alberto, et al. Bloody rubbish it was, going on, and on, about science and civilization. Still waiting for my refund.