Long Keogh piece in the Guardian

ariotofmyown

4 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

He shouldn’t have got into that car. He did. It’s his fault. End. 

He should have worn a seat belt. His fault.

And anyway since when has it been a matter of who was most at fault? I mean Lawrence shouldn't have been driving the car, but two wrongs don't make a right , that is no defence.

16 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

If Keough had relied on employment law he would have got nothing. He relied on EFL Law which is that if the club is Derby County you are guilty until proven innocent , and even then you are guilty. 

Do you really think the outcome would have been different if this had been a player at another club treated the same way by that clubs owner? Come on Pete, this was yet another example of Morris thinking he could do what he liked to whomever he liked just because he owned the train set. Keogh's behaviour as club captain on the night was shockingly poor and I lost a huge amount of respect for him because of it but this EFL persecution complex is ridiculous - if the club (Morris) had done things properly in the Keogh case we wouldn't owe him £2 million. 

37 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Do you really think the outcome would have been different if this had been a player at another club treated the same way by that clubs owner? Come on Pete, this was yet another example of Morris thinking he could do what he liked to whomever he liked just because he owned the train set. Keogh's behaviour as club captain on the night was shockingly poor and I lost a huge amount of respect for him because of it but this EFL persecution complex is ridiculous - if the club (Morris) had done things properly in the Keogh case we wouldn't owe him £2 million. 

Well I think you are mistaken... I think Morris would have taken advice before Keogh was offered reduced terms , just as he took advice from his accountants on Derby's audit policy. but the EFL overruled that too. If Morris "had done things properly" in your eyes, we would have paid Keogh £2million for doing nothing for 15 months then he would have come back from injury and I do not think he is a better defender now than Jags or Curtis Davies and not much younger either. Also I doubt Keogh will get his £2million now anyway, he along with many creditors will need to accept a pence in the pound compromise.   

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Well I think you are mistaken... I think Morris would have taken advice before Keogh was offered reduced terms , just as he took advice from his accountants on Derby's audit policy. but the EFL overruled that too. If Morris "had done things properly" in your eyes, we would have paid Keogh £2million for doing nothing for 15 months then he would have come back from injury and I do not think he is a better defender now than Jags or Curtis Davies and not much younger either. Also I doubt Keogh will get his £2million now anyway, he along with many creditors will need to accept a pence in the pound compromise.   

He’s a football creditor so he will get his money. More ******** Morris has forced on the club.

I'm not quite sure how or why this was published. It's a pointless puff piece that says nothing we don't already know and I struggle to believe anyone other than Derby fans could bring themselves to care about Keogh. He comes across as a bit of a prat here, really turning the victim complex up to 11 with the depression comments. What on earth is that photo of him sitting in a meadow all about?

Having said that, I still find it hilarious what a tizzy most of you work yourselves into regarding his payout. I'm absolutely certain that all of you holier than thou types would've instantly fallen on your swords and chosen to forgo 2 million quid if you were in his position. If you wet your knickers over Keogh, yet still clap and cheer Tom Lawrence every Saturday you are a massive hypocrite.

6 minutes ago, Anon said:

I'm not quite sure how or why this was published. It's a pointless puff piece that says nothing we don't already know and I struggle to believe anyone other than Derby fans could bring themselves to care about Keogh. He comes across as a bit of a prat here, really turning the victim complex up to 11 with the depression comments. What on earth is that photo of him sitting in a meadow all about?

Having said that, I still find it hilarious what a tizzy most of you work yourselves into regarding his payout. I'm absolutely certain that all of you holier than thou types would've instantly fallen on your swords and chosen to forgo 2 million quid if you were in his position. If you wet your knickers over Keogh, yet still clap and cheer Tom Lawrence every Saturday you are a massive hypocrite.

Difference is Lawrence paid for his crime Keogh was paid for his

13 minutes ago, Anon said:

Alright Richie.

Baalocks and pathetic sob story by the Guardian and Keogh. No sympathy from me. Club Captain. Got Loaded. Got in a car with someone over the limit. And the rest is history. Could have been remembered as a great servant to the club. Now he will be remembered as a member of the pish head joiners gate group. twit.

Having read the article and seeing this at the bottom

In the UK and Ireland, Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.

I expected the next line might sat something like . Mr Keogh has donated his 30 pieces of silver for this story to the above charity. Especially, seeing as he's had such a humongous cheque.

Nah, why would I expect anything else . 

23 hours ago, Boycie said:

he’s just released this statement due to legal reasons. He realises he’s not getting his compo so dna null and void.

Would be interested to know why this tosh is being released now. Percy has said Keogh was paid so I’d guess that’s right.  Maybe the guardian thinks there will be no reaction, now that the admins are running the club    

10 hours ago, Anon said:

1st Paragraph...spot on

2nd Paragraph i'll take issue with, We all know what happened so i'll not regurgitate it all again, MM sacked him for gross misconduct and rightly so imo...as an ex Senior Union Official for Unite, I've had dealings with people where lesser incidents have been dismissed...one for acctually being drunk in the workplace, Sacked for gross misconduct, It was taken to the outside officials who looked at the case, Paperwork sent to our Solicitors and on Solicitors advice it was...not to Procede with the case

For us mere motals if we are dismissed for Gross misconduct we seek legal advice and if we have a case it's taken on, Keogh sought to appeal to an authority that we are unable to use, I never knew of their existance and don't know who or how those who saw in Keoghs favour what legal qualifications they have.

The 24-year-old defender brought a breach of contract case against the club to the EFL’s Player Related Dispute Commission [PRDC] after his dismissal, and initially won a full payout.

But after Derby contested the decision, the League Appeals’ Committee [LAC] has upheld the verdict.

An EFL statement read: "The LAC has heard and dismissed an appeal under the regulations of the EFL by Derby against the decision of the PRDC in the case of Richard Keogh. The PDRC held that Mr Keogh had not committed gross misconduct, that he had not brought the club into serious disrepute and that he had been wrongly dismissed by the club."

The Players Union would be with him, He'd of had some very good legal representatives as would DCFC, I guess Keogh should be thankfull that only a Lampost was killed and not a Person.

21 hours ago, rammieib said:

Two could fulfil their contract, one couldn’t with injuries caused away from work in a reckless way.

Even in hindsight, it was the correct call from the club.

Court of law proved this not to be the case.

21 minutes ago, Raich Carter said:

Not sure if it’s been said or not but the pay out was just the money Keogh would have been paid if we hadn’t sacked him so not sure it’s quite as bad as some think.

£2.3 million, If the incident didn't happen then yes this is what he'd have been paid, As the incident did happen, We lost the services of a good Captain and centre half, DCFC lost on all accounts, So it is quite as bad as people think.