Long Keogh piece in the Guardian

ariotofmyown

When you click on the link to this one sided story, you invited to support the independent journalism of the Guardian, what a joke. 

This wasn't journalism, this was a writer, stupidly putting his name and photo to the story, just publishing a story told to him by a 'victim'. There were no challenging questions, no explanations of some of his statements. There was no balance to this article by a so called quality paper. The only victim in this matter has been Derby County, the club's actions did not cause the club to lose the services of the club captain for a minimum  of 12 months and to lose the services of Lawrence and Bennett for a few games also, it was the 3 players' actions. why should the club have lost out, financially?

Didn't Keogh feel any responsibility for his actions as club captain and senior player. As said earlier, we want to move on from this, but Keogh has to rake it all up again and kick the club when it's already at rock bottom. What little respect I held for him, as now disappeared completely and that is coming from someone, who always backed him against the knockers on here.

1 minute ago, Kennington Ram said:

You are right, it isn't irrefutable, but it suggests Keogh's story is completely implausible, to the point where a decent hack should have done some work before printing it in a national. It's sort of their job?

It when do you get investigative journalism looking at something from all angles these days? Now it’s about publishing ASAP and moving into the next story.

2 hours ago, rusgb said:

Whilst I often disagree with some comments on here, the general view is normally shared. This is completely different for me. I am on the side of Keogh more than the club. 

He is a young (in all real world comparisons) footballer who has grown up in the football vacuum. You only need look at Rooney to see the poor decisions people in the vacuum can make. I believe the Club have a huge responsibility to nurture and shield these players. I look at this situation and I can only blame the club. It was a team event, these players are worth a lot of money the Club should have looked after them better, it's that simple. 

I employ a small team, if I organised a pi$$ up and some had driven I would be certain to make sure nobody drove home! Whilst they are valuable to be they are not multimillion pound footballers. 

I personally think sacking Keogh was disgraceful, whatever you feel about his ability as a footballer that's irrelevant. Imagine this was your workplace, switch the names and see how you would feel. He deserves his payout. For Lawrence to be retained and now be captain must make Keogh feel sick. 

Just to be clear, I am a Derby fan, love the club, but feel strongly that the Club was disgraceful in this case. 

Yep, I needed babysitting when I was 32.  This my friend, is a load of old tosh.

33 minutes ago, ram59 said:

When you click on the link to this one sided story, you invited to support the independent journalism of the Guardian, what a joke. 

This wasn't journalism, this was a writer, stupidly putting his name and photo to the story, just publishing a story told to him by a 'victim'. There were no challenging questions, no explanations of some of his statements. There was no balance to this article by a so called quality paper. The only victim in this matter has been Derby County, the club's actions did not cause the club to lose the services of the club captain for a minimum  of 12 months and to lose the services of Lawrence and Bennett for a few games also, it was the 3 players' actions. why should the club have lost out, financially?

Didn't Keogh feel any responsibility for his actions as club captain and senior player. As said earlier, we want to move on from this, but Keogh has to rake it all up again and kick the club when it's already at rock bottom. What little respect I held for him, as now disappeared completely and that is coming from someone, who always backed him against the knockers on here.

Just seen some of Cocu's interview with dutch paper, what a gentleman, pity keogh didnt take a leaf out of his book.

He really hasn't done himself any favours there has he?

Before this I think there was maybe a 65/35 split, which seems to be 90/10 now.

While I did actually have some sympathy with Keogh initially every word he's said since the incident has turned me against him. Not that he cares with his massive wedge of unearned wonga.

With all the legal issues and repercussions out of the way, the way he still refuses to show any form of contrition at all and offers no apologies to the people he let down is galling.

Keogh has taken no responsibility for what happened at the Joiners Arms. He suffered an injury that was not football related, it didn't happen on a football pitch or training ground. Meaning he couldn't fulfill his contract. So the club ultimately terminating his contract, after he rejected taking a reduced wage till he was fit to play. Still can't see where the club did anything different than a lot of employers would have done.

I just read It again….. and It just makes me angrier. 
the ********* has no brain he really can’t have. If he thinks the at anyone believes any bit of his story then he is living in a dreamland.

He is the local odd ball….What does a 30+ year old professional footballer with all the time and money in the world…..NOT learn to drive himself….? and surely the bug eyed freak has a mobile phone, which is full to the brim of taxi numbers and Uber/Lyft type apps too….? 

as I am typing this I got a text from my son, that just said “have you seen the Keogh interview….bank player, even worse person” perfectly put wise words indeed  

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

Well said. He’s beyond redemption now. If he had any integrity he’d send the money back to Derby signed “mea culpa”. 

10 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Well said. He’s beyond redemption now. If he had any integrity he’d send the money back to Derby signed “mea culpa”. 

Yeah, mea culpa, like I say.

… and by the way, I suspect the brainless twit thinks Mea Culpa was one of the Nolan Sisters.

A55CB885-8D4F-47EF-972A-893687024FE8.jpeg

Edited by i-Ram

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

Well yes. A proper journo would have asked.. "So Richard you were the only person who was injured out of the four people you say were in the car? Why do you think that might have been? Was it perhaps because you were not wearing a seat belt?"

"Will the people who lost their jobs this week from Derby County be getting £2 million payouts after self inflicted injuries that prevent them from doing their jobs anyway?"

"Why are you coming out with this stuff now, could it have anything to do with the fact that you are worried your big windfall might be at risk if Derby go up in smoke?"

"How many games have you played in the Premier League Richard?"

"Isn't £2.3 milion rather a lot of money for a player of such limited ability , even if you had been paid for playing instead of paid for inflicting on yourself an injury of you own making?"

These are the sorts of questions I would be asking.  

17 hours ago, Andicis said:

Our captain got himself injured during stupid drunken behaviour and then sued us. How exactly can you be on his side? He's a crap footballer now, never came back the same. Because of his own actions.

No, our captain got himself injured during stupid drunken behaviour and then our former banker of an owner tried to circumvent employment law thereby incurring a multi million debt along with all the other debts we are now stuck with. 

20 minutes ago, Jayram said:

No, our captain got himself injured during stupid drunken behaviour and then our former banker of an owner tried to circumvent employment law thereby incurring a multi million debt along with all the other debts we are now stuck with. 

If Keough had relied on employment law he would have got nothing. He relied on EFL Law which is that if the club is Derby County you are guilty until proven innocent , and even then you are guilty.