We are a seriously disliked team, and it bugs me

Bob The Badger

A psychologist would have a field day with that thread on OTIB. It's certainly not driven by any actual loss that their club has experienced. The fact that they've been a dull, mid-table team for years has nothing to do with anything DCFC has done. 

4 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Yes it is and I have no idea why we even mention him or interact with him at all. He loves it and adds to his misguided sense of self- importance. I feel I'm talking to my kids about "that kid" at school - we should all just ignore him totally

Totally agree , Mr P and Bristol City who the hell are they

Just had to have a look at the Bristol City forum... weird how they’re obsessed with Derby, speculating about finances and wishing the club out of business. I thoroughly enjoyed Derby beating them 2-0 the other year to make the playoffs. What an away day that was. My only real thought about Bristol City. They may all combust if Derby do actually stay up. 

I don't know why the Derby fan on there bothers to engage with them. They have a completely one-eyed view of the issues and any polite discourse is interrupted at regular intervals by Mr Ploppy's Tourettes-outbursts  whenever an update emerges that suggests DCFC aren't going quietly. 

Bristol Courts must have an easy life, since their rantings infer that anybody accused of breaking the law shouldn't contest the accusations and should simply present themselves for sentencing.

54 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Just had to have a look at the Bristol City forum... weird how they’re obsessed with Derby, speculating about finances and wishing the club out of business. I thoroughly enjoyed Derby beating them 2-0 the other year to make the playoffs. What an away day that was. My only real thought about Bristol City. They may all combust if Derby do actually stay up. 

Just had a look myself. I don't understand their obsession. Did we do something to them I can't remember? There's almost 40 pages of it with constant links to pages on this forum. What a strange bunch of people. Can't see any other topics on there about the countless other teams who gained a lot more than us from breaking the rules either. 

1 minute ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Just had a look myself. I don't understand their obsession. Did we do something to them I can't remember? There's almost 40 pages of it with constant links to pages on this forum. What a strange bunch of people. Can't see any other topics on there about the countless other teams who gained a lot more than us from breaking the rules either. 

There is an 86 page general P&S thread buried away too

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/198743-the-championship-ffp-thread-merged/page/86/&tab=comments#comment-4214083

I live in Bristol and many of my friends are City fans. 

However, they will have no idea how their team is doing or whether or not they like Derby County as City aren't winning every week. 

They crawl out of the woodwork when they enter the top six with their City til I die shirts on. 

16 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think you give him too much credit.

I suspect a "studio appartment" in one of Bristol's less pleasent areas, with an overflowing bin containing the remains of microwave dinners for one, grime on every surface, amidst the piles of jazz mags, pizza boxes, empty bottles and cigarette ends, there is a single table with a computer and a chair, at which sits mr Pop with the puss weeping from the sores of his bloated folds of fat, frantically typing on the bristol rovers forums about Derby county in between posting on 4chan about how feminism is why he can't get a girlfriend and why it's not fair that he keeps getting turned down for jobs on the grounds of "personal appearence or hygene"

Oh, I’d got him down as folk music fan or maybe even The Wurzels. 

34 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I live in Bristol and many of my friends are City fans. 

However, they will have no idea how their team is doing or whether or not they like Derby County as City aren't winning every week. 

They crawl out of the woodwork when they enter the top six with their City til I die shirts on. 

Angierams’ friend in Blackpool mentioned one source of irritation for fans of other clubs. He was saying the uncertainty annoys them because people don’t know where they stand in the league. I can understand that but it’s a completely different thing to say it’s our fault. 
He also criticised the administrators for appealing which is just bizarre. Before they take any decision,  the admins ask themselves: is this a good thing for creditors? The suggestion the administrators are just a continuation of the club under MM is nuts 

15 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Angierams’ friend in Blackpool mentioned one source of irritation for fans of other clubs. He was saying the uncertainty annoys them because people don’t know where they stand in the league. I can understand that but it’s a completely different thing to say it’s our fault. 
He also criticised the administrators for appealing which is just bizarre. Before they take any decision,  the admins ask themselves: is this a good thing for creditors? The suggestion the administrators are just a continuation of the club under MM is nuts 

The weird thing is the reason it has taken so long is that the issues are so marginal.

Birmingham’s breach was just blatant, Sheffield wednesday’s only marginally less so once it was realised the stadium sale had been backdated. 

the amortisation thing was much more marginal and subjective  (at best) which is why it dragged on so long. 

far from that being our fault, the fact that efl’s case against us was less clear cut is what made it drag out so long. 

same with the COVID issue that I think is a very balanced argument and could go either way.